The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (52Carl, Wayne67vert, 53 green 1- ton, Otto Skorzeny, 78buckshot, DadsFirstPickup, greenie-reddy), 67 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,713
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 41
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 41
I've got a company quoting me $1200-$1500 to do a dustless blasting, rust inhibitor, and shoot two coats of epoxy primer. First question, is this a pretty good deal? Second question, once blasted and primed I can do bodywork over epoxy, and can I wait for up to a year to do the actual paint job? Do I have to worry about rusting or any issues with a blasted epoxied body sitting unpainted for up to a year?

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Is this the entire frame and body panels???
Epoxy primer will hold real good. I'd still keep a cheap tarp over it just to keep it clean smile

Can you shoot primer? My neighbor paid $335 to get a chassis blasted and all panels but the hood blasted. Then he rolled it across the street and used my place to spray epoxy on it. You can do body work over the epoxy.

Location may mean a lot as far as price goes.
I'm sure others have more experience than me and will chime in as soon as they get back from taking the misses to the moovies!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 41
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 41
No chassis, just body panels and cab. Engine and chasis I will clean up at home and por15 the frame. I'm in houston, the guy is up in college station. I wonder if it's a bit more expensive because he's using dustless blasting?

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 165
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 165
In Colorardo the $1200 is a very fair price. $1500 is pushing it a bit.

I'm not sure what dustless method is being used, bit I'm all for keeping sand out of the cab whenever possible. That stuff falls out of cracks for weeks. You have to really work hard to remove it all.

Good Luck


36 Chevy 1.5 ton - rusting away
52 Chevy 3100 - in progress
72 Chevy K20 - DD

PANTS UP DON'T LOOT! PANTS UP DON'T LOOT!

NEVER watch another man eat a banana.
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413
Here is good blasting info, this place does quality work.
http://www.classiccarblasting.com/choosing-a-blaster.html


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0