The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hotrod Lincoln), 118 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,474
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#994724 12/25/2013 6:56 PM
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 217
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 217
OK, I'll try to link to a pic of my TF. I got it back in August and have been working on it ever since. It was driveable when I got it, just! Brakes, steering, electrical, bodywork and paint I have done. A new set of tires, and sprucing up the inside of the cab have been projects of late. I'm out here in sunny Calif., so plenty of nice days to work on the old truck. It is a old school hotrod, has a Pontiac 400 with Muncie 4 speedPhotobucket

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Two thumbs up on that one capnduane......good job.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
Great looking rig capnduane! I am addicted to those swb 55 to 59 trucks. Sounds like you need a few of those old timey tubes for your stock radio! are they still available? I have had my '57 3100 since 1970 & hope to have it back on the road within a year or so. Keep up the good work & keep that old iron rolling!


1957, 3100, v8
2016 gmc 4wd
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 217
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 217
Ya, I prefer the small back window also, gives me a little privacy! But a little tougher to spot those little cars in the blind spot.... I had planned to take the radio to a repair shop and get it singing, it was just setting in a box in my office, so I stuck it in the dash, sure like the looks. I think it might need a OZ4, I think the vibrator is ok? This truck has been quite a effort, nearly all systems were horsed up, bolts stripped, rounded off or missing... But bringing it back has been very pleasurable, and the thumbs up and looks (and offers to buy) occur most everytime I take it out on the road. Thanks for the kind words, Guys.

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
nice truck, looks like a hopped up redryder,

welcome to the bolt, enjoy the ride my friend..

thanks for the pm, that was really kind of you..


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 217
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 217
Thanks joker, I am enjoying the old '55 hotrod. Working on it, making it better. Every little thing I do, the truck responds with better handleing and performance. I have been calling my truck Red Ryder, and then discovered, when I joined this forum, that you have a '52 with the same name. I felt that you had been using that name much longer than I, so I contacted you, to get your opinion on using it for my truck. I thought of other names on the "Red" theme, such as Red Roller, Red Ranger, Rad Ryder, etc... But they just don't sing like our old hero's moniker. So With all respect to your '52 Redryder, my '55 will be Red Ryder! Probably quite a few other red trucks with this name as well?

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
not on the bolt that I know off, no problem with the name, one could always change the spelling,, redrider.. lol
redryder is also in my email..lol

the main thing is just drive it..
take care my friend


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0