The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Opelika Tom), 115 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 87
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 87


youtube 216 started 1938 chevy


Thanks to the guys on stovebolt

Now I need to unfreeze my clutch


1938 Chevy 1/2 ton Pickup
1940 Chevy 3/4 KD Pickup
1946 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup
1940 Chevy 1/2 KC Pickup
1939 Chevy 1.5 Truck
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 87
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 87


1938 Chevy 1/2 ton Pickup
1940 Chevy 3/4 KD Pickup
1946 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup
1940 Chevy 1/2 KC Pickup
1939 Chevy 1.5 Truck
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,214
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,214
Congrats, sounds pretty good.

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 583
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 583
Soundin' good. That'll inspire you to keep working on it. I've had success freeing up stuck clutches by depressing the clutch pedal, putting the vehicle in 1st gear, and starting the engine. Others will probably give you other methods too.


1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Sounds good indeed. I like your gas can. grin You're smarter than I was. I put new gas in the tank for my '38's first start without cleaning out the tank first and ended up sticking nearly all of the valves. Ended up with bent pushrods. Could have been worse and it was a lesson I'll not soon forget.

Last edited by Tiny; 07/22/2013 9:23 AM.

Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 899
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 899
>KOOL BEANS"!!!!!! Great feeling ain't it.


Brian
1955.2 3100 Truck
The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!!
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 87
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 87


1938 Chevy 1/2 ton Pickup
1940 Chevy 3/4 KD Pickup
1946 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup
1940 Chevy 1/2 KC Pickup
1939 Chevy 1.5 Truck
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
yahoo Congrats. Nice way to start a weekend! Merry Christmas


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 15
P
New Guy
New Guy
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 15
Way to go.Had my 38Chevy pu over twenty years and after getting it running,redid rear fenders,blasted&primed dog house,then stopped?Did start and run off gas bottle a few times a year.Wish I had hung on to it as allmost the same as my 37 but would go a month sometimes with out being in a four wheel anything and on the motorcycles.So after years of asking over and over sold it to a friend after selling the 36Ford pu allso.
Even if you don't drive them they are just so nice to see every time you walk in were you have them IMO.Bet I am not the only one to pat them like a dog sometimes as you walk by and no one is around ha ha.Merry Christmas everone.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
Good job!


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0