The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Swami29, Otto Skorzeny, Gray_Ghost, Youngin' Tut 59), 143 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,605
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 178
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 178
Thanks for the welcome to Stovebolt. After a year of waiting the seller finally parted with his baby. I have so many questions. First though, whats the best shop manual for my restoration? Thanks for ANY advice. Mark.


Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac? - George Carlin
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Mark. Good that were able to acquire it. I have a shop manual for '48-'51 trucks but I think a lot of it would be suited for your truck. You could ask in the 'general truck talk' forum.

Leo

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Stovebolt, Mark. You are quite lucky as there are many parts from 47-54 that are interchangeable. A shop manual is great and a nice additional book is the FAM which is the Factory Assembly Manual for 47-54. I think they are both about $25-30 each.
In the meantime a fellow bolter has been working on a Online Manual that is great but its nice to have your own copy to read.
http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/

...and while Leo and I attempted to answer your question it is always best, as a general rule, to post questions in the most appropriate forum as not everyone stops in here at the Welcome Centre when they log in the Bolt.

We're all here to help. So let us know what you need. Take your time and learn the bolt. There is a LOT of knowledge here. Tech tips, gallery, links, and the list goes on and on. OH...be sure to post a picture when you can. Instructions are at the bottom left of this page.


Last edited by Achipmunk; 12/21/2013 2:29 AM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0