The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Bill Hanlon), 217 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,143
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 233
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 233
My 53 Chevy pass door has an outer door glass window rubber stapled to the door. Is this the correct rubber and where can I find the staples? Also is there still a tool made to install the staples?


1953 Chevy 3100
261 and SM420
53Chevy 3100
1953 Mack Firetruck
1972 Porsche 911
1986 Honda Goldwing
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Mike, those rubber strips just slide into the "channel". I've never seen them stapled in. On mine I put them in and pinched the end of the channel a little so it would "crawl" out the ends.

Now the "fuzzy" strips are stapled in. I glued mine in with super weatherstrip adhesive and have had no problem for two years.
The vendors do sell the staples for putting the fuzzies on.

It'd be good for you to view Denny Grahams picture trail of him doing his originally with the staples.

...and I hope we're talking about the same things smile


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 233
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 233
Thanks Alvin, I should have checked Denny's site first.


1953 Chevy 3100
261 and SM420
53Chevy 3100
1953 Mack Firetruck
1972 Porsche 911
1986 Honda Goldwing
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Alvin's got it covered, the rubber just slides in but the cats
whiskers get stapled in. You can buy the staples from the
vendors but they are not the correct width for the original
holes. I made a die set to bend up a batch on the correct
center line:
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/123537640
Step thru the 'next' four photos and it shows you what you have
to go thru to transfer the holes to the channel and install
them with the staples.

Denny G


Denny G
Sandwich, IL

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0