The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (walter74, WICruiser), 77 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,624
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#981566 10/26/2013 2:47 PM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 8
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 8
I wanted to introduce myself and say hello to all the Stovebolt members out there. My name is Tom and I will be retired in 3 months and plan on spending a lot of time working on my two projects. Living in Wisconsin from December through March, you probably want an indoor hobby. I first off am a Chevy lover (sorry guys, I appreciate all the old rides) as those are what I grew up working on. Not that I am a certified mechanic, but as a shade tree mechanic, I do all right. I currently own a 1939 Chevy business coupe (modified into a street rod) and a 1953 Chevy 3600 5 window truck. I just recently purchased the truck which is real sweet shape, but have done a couple improvements to it. I am looking forward to chatting with other members for fun and to be a helpful member of this forum. Until later...

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Tom, congrats on your upcoming retirement and welcome to the Stovebolt. You won't find a better place for us old GMC and Chevy lovers..... and I think most of us are like you. We learn by the OJT system. (On the Job Training) No better way to learn than getting grease under the finger nails.
Just post questions in the most appropriate forums for the best results.
**for your first 4 post you will not be able to send PM's, private messages, as the first few post are "moderated". This is to help weed out spammers ect.
Good luck, see ya around the shop...oh, and pictures when you can get a few up.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 586
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 586
Hey Tom and welcome aboard.I also have a '53,but it is a 6500 series.You will find a bunch of good folks here. Got Questions ? Good luck with your new project.


Wanted Good Woman:
Must be able to cook , clean , sew , tune engines and polish trucks. Must have old Stovebolt and garage. Please send picture of old Stovebolt and garage.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Tom, I'm a diehard Chevy lover as well. Many of us also have old cars as well as the trucks, Tiny has a car similar to yours. I met a stovebolter from Wisconsin a few years ago, (Weeds) they're everywhere.

Good luck with the truck and with the retirement coming up. Good to have a hobby, especially when you're retired.

Leo

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 163
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 163
Hello!

Welcome the the Stovebolt page! It's always good to to hear from another 'Bolter from Wisconsin!

Randy B.
Slinger, WI


Come to the Great Lakes GABfest
Get all the details here!
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 8
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 8
Thanks guys! It is up to all of us to keep the hobby going. Been looking through the site and I am in awe of all the nice rides out there. I will post some pictures soon and look forward to getting to know you all better. Stay warm, stay safe and stay in touch.

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 8
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 8
Here is a picture of my '53 3600. As Ralph would say "How sweet it is".

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 8
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 8
Sorry, forgot to include the picture

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
...and it is indeed sweet! Love the grille guard. Thanks for sharing. See ya around the garage.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 162
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 162
Welcome to the 'bolt! Keep on trucking!

Mitch

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
That's a wild looking truck! Tell us more about it.
And welcome to the Bolt!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0