The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Southerntruck, fonz8261, Hotrod Lincoln), 157 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#973729 09/23/2013 12:03 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 161
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 161
hey all. Gone for a while, busy! Still driving the truck. I think I have a problem, I'm having a lot of play in my pinion when I disconnect the drive shaft.
I checked my Hollander exchange which goes covers 1946-56. It says that 1946-56 3/4 and 1 ton rear end pinion bearings are all the same. Is that true? In that case I could look for a 1948-55 and 1955-59 rear end? Some input is really appreciated, I'm trying to keep this truck an almost daily driver. 6 years now and going strong


I LOVE MY TRUCK

1959 Chevrolet Apache 38 Panel Truck in the Gallery
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
If you don't need the truck for everyday use, pull the bearing and take it to a bearing shop. There should be a number on it and if not they can measure it and replace it. You might need a speedy sleeve for the yoke shaft (or whatever it's called) where the seal has been riding, you'll see when you get it out.

Bruce


My Trucks
Stuff I Collect
If it doesn't matter if you win or loose.......why do they keep score?

Moderated by  Dusty53 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0