The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Lugnutz, F100Ranger, 55shaker, Otto Skorzeny, Steelonsteel), 88 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,140
Posts1,056,466
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#853442 05/23/2012 5:16 AM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 7

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Nice truck! What are your plans for it?
Welcome to the Bolt.


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
Hey Bill,
I plan to restore to original. My dad bought new; ordered it in 1944 and finally got it in 1946. Road the Greyhound bus from Warrior, Alabama to Birmingham to get it. I think he said he paid $2,700. Not sure if that's right. I've got her torn down to the frame. I'v already restored frame, front suspension. Working on rear suspension, rear axle and rear brakes now.
I'll post some pictures in a few days.
Thanks for the compliment.
Doug Mc

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 57
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 57
cool old truck..i hope you start a build album on it.. i would like to watch your progress..good luck


if you cant run with the big dogs...then stay on the porch

http://s202.photobucket.com/user/rcplumley/library/
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
A worthy project Doug. Welcome to the bolt and thanks for posting pictures. I like big trucks to.... I just don't have one yet!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893

That is cool...

-W

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
Very cool truck! Its very appreciated when guys like you preserve the originality of these old trucks. Younger guys like me dont really remember what they used to look like. We only know what we see in junkyards and shows. Its really cool youre restoring your dad's old truck!

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Originally Posted by chevtrukman
Younger guys like me dont really remember what they used to look like. We only know what we see in junkyards and shows. Its really cool youre restoring your dad's old truck!

That is a nice observation chevtrukman. That's a unique perspective and its also the reason its up to guys like us stovebolters to preserve some of the past.

Congrats on what your doing.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0