Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,545 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2013 Posts: 4 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2013 Posts: 4 | Thought I should introduce myself, longtime listener, firstime caller. I'm Cosimo, I'm from Australia and I like to lurk on forums researching pipe dream projects.
One such project is a 1952 Chevy 1 ton flatbed that a friend and I found a couple of years ago while exploring an abandoned farmhouse. It appears to have been parked under a tree 20 or 30 years ago and then forgotten about along with the rest of the farm when all the surrounding properties were bought up. I don't even know how I'd go about purchasing and titleing the wreck given that whoever now owns the land probably doesn't know it's there and the last registered owner is in all probability deceased.
Nonetheless this pickup has been playing on my mind for a couple of years, to the point that I've planned a whole project around this quantum truck. I think I'm going to be seeing whether I can find it again and legally purchase it, in the meantime I'll be lurking in the background on here, plotting and asking the occasional stupid question. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 1,747 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 1,747 | Welcome and keep dreaming
Steve H
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Welcome, hope you can get the truck.
Leo | | | | | Joined: Sep 2013 Posts: 4 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2013 Posts: 4 | I've got my friend scouting whether the truck's still there, and we may be able to store it on another friend's property while I figure out what to do with it. It's still a pretty far fetched project at this point. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Welcome to the Bolt, Cosimo. Best site on the web and tons and tons of resources. Being seeing you around the garage. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 145 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 145 | Welcome aboard , I am not sure you can ask stupider questions than mine. Murray | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,420 Former Workshop Owner | | Former Workshop Owner Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,420 | Keep us posted, I've got my fingers crossed for you.
John
~ J Lucas 2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6 2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s) 2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0 1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton 1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWBIn the Gallery My Flicker Photos! | | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 1,159 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 1,159 | Welcome to the "'Bolt",Cosimo Zaretti!! The only stupid questions,are the ones not asked.I've been known to give "Stupid" advice,too! It took me 15 years to purchase my "Dream",and another 5 years getting it looking halfway decent,and mechanically sound. Hope your dream comes true! | | | | | Joined: Sep 2013 Posts: 4 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2013 Posts: 4 | No idea if the particular '52 I want still exists, I probably won't know for a couple of weeks. I have however spoken to another friend of mine whose been tinkering with projects with me since we were planning our dream cars at high school. He runs a his own panel shop now, and has plenty of room in the yard for a new project.
It's just starting to gather some momentum. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 843 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 843 | remember/ Keep the dream alive/ where abouts are you in Australia
57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
| | |
| |