The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Hotrod Lincoln, MickeyP, Peggy M, 55shaker, klhansen, Craig /49 Panel, Shaffer's1950, Otto Skorzeny), 69 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,386
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#965904 08/22/2013 1:58 AM
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 22
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 22
Hello, my name is Ronnie Ray and I am a novice to posting and most things mechanical.
I bought a 1946 Chevy pickup nearly two years ago. It has been sitting in my barn awaiting my retirement so I can fulfill my dream of making it into my daily driver. Well, that glorious day has come.
The old engine is shot and I have another 235 in waiting that I believe is in fairly good condition.
Yesterday, me an my nine year old son jacked it up put it on stands and took the front wheels off.
The past owner suggested that I take the engine and transmission out as one unit. I have started to remove the front fenders.
Any suggestions and helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.
I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them as soon as I learn how.
I bet most of you can fully understand how excited I am to be at this point and to be sharing this process with my son.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 165
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 165
Good luck Ronnie started mine in Febuary, and now i have got to back on the road running well. I stepped out of my comfort zone with mine and with out this forums archives and the help of the members not sure what I would have done in some cases. take LOTS of pictures for reference. Steve

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 256
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 256
Welcome to the Stovebolt !!
Sounds like you are well on your way into your project... Should be able to find a lot of guidance here on the bolt. Love to see some pictures of it as well, I love the AD Trucks from 1941-46, very distictive !!


1929 Chevrolet AC International - 4 Door
1930 Chevrolet AD Universal - Canopy Express Truck
Love the Antique Chevrolet's from 1928-1932
The Beauty, Simplicity, History, and the Stories they Tell
[/font]
- - In the Stovebolt Gallery
-- In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
RonnieRay, great to see father son projects. It'll be talked about for years to come.
Welcome to the Stovebolt. Best old Chevy iron on the entire world wide web. Tons of info and great folks willing to share.

Write a story about in the DIY forum, along with a picture, so it can be put into the Gallery....or write story and send it to [email protected]. Include a phone number so Peggy can call if she wants more details. That way it'll be around when your son grows up and starts a project with his son!!

The 47-54 pickups are known as AD pickups. AD stands for Advance Design. The pickups before that were known as Art Deco.
Good luck on your project. Be sure to visit often and ask questions.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Ronnie, how's retirement so far? I have a year to wait yet, but my son is way past 9. Hopefully he will get the passion for these old trucks too.

Do you have a 4 speed in it? It's simple to get the shifter out if you are taking the engine and transmission out together.

Enjoy the process, it's supposed to be fun, don't let it get the better of you.

Leo

Leo #969645 09/06/2013 12:06 AM
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 22
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 22
Well I've spent the last few weeks just cleaning the barn and getting organized so that I can have room to work. I sprayed every bolt and nut I could find with PB Blaster and then waited a while before I attempted to remove the bolts and screws. The fender screw required cutting them off with a cutting tool. Most of the bolts in the firwall came out, although a couple broke off. I have disconnected the wiring and labeled it. I hope to remove the fenders this weekend and have the whole event on video. The exciting part of the process is about to begin. I guess I should go to some other forums to get information on wiring harnesses, engine removals, engine paint and all that kind of stuff. All suggestions and helpful hints are greatly appreciated..

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 414
N
NJC Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 414
Sir, Not neccesary to go to another forum. This forum is broken down into many topics. Simply chose one and ask the appropriate question(s) but be sure to provide specific identifying info. Good luck, have fun, and see you around someday. Thankx Ronnie Ray. V/R, Nick Cavallaro, Bel Air, MD


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0