The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (GDW, Gdads51, Shade Baby, Shaffer's1950, 3B, 1 invisible), 143 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,459
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
I have been looking for some info on how the gasket install on my 37. It did not have one on it when I got the truck. I looked thru the forum and could not find any info on this. A picture would be nice. Thanks Norm


My first prewar and it will not be my last. Done with the 40 for my best friend. Got a 46 (year I was born) to build for me.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Don't have any pics, Norm, but its not a hard job. Most folks will also say be sure to order it from Steele Rubber Products... pricey but better rubber.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
Thanks, Guys, I have the front windshield and frame at home, but the body is being finish at the body shop and was just trying to get a jump on how it when. Norm


My first prewar and it will not be my last. Done with the 40 for my best friend. Got a 46 (year I was born) to build for me.
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,710
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,710
Norm,

If you have the crank out windshield, the frame need to be taken apart at the sides.

Install the gasket around the glass.

Reinstall the frames over the gasket.

Last edited by Wayne67vert; 08/26/2013 8:04 AM.

Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
Wayne, I already have the frame and glass install. The gasket I am talking about is the one between the frame and the cab. Thanks Norm


My first prewar and it will not be my last. Done with the 40 for my best friend. Got a 46 (year I was born) to build for me.

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0