The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (1946chevytruck, Shaffer's1950, 55shaker, 37 GC, Gray_Ghost, Wheelie), 117 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,605
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 4
P
New Guy
New Guy
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 4
Hi, new to the forums. Here is my "new" truck:

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/perldrivr/library/1948%20Chevy%203800?sort=2&page=1

I bought this on my dad's estate sale, and don't have any history on it unfortunately. I wasn't even planning on buying a truck that day, but I watched this one selling, and thought it was going cheap and it was cute, so I bought it on the spot without any idea what I was doing. I think I got a good buy though.

It looks to be all original and pretty complete, not too much rust. I will be hanging around here looking for advice while I try to get her going again. My current plan is to fix her up mechanically, and leave the body mostly as is for now and drive it - sort of that "survivor" look. I may give her a full restore someday.

Step one was to get her rolling on all four - that is accomplished. Next I need to go through the brakes. I want them working before I attempt to get her moving on her own again.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Nice project indeed. Another one saved from the tin worms or the tin monster. Yep, got to get it to GO and then to WHOA!! Good luck. This site is full of knowledge and great folks who will be glad to help.
Keep the pics and updates coming.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Nice. I love it!


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 428
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 428
Nice. A well optioned truck for a 3800 back then. Deluxe cab, chrome grill, hood ornament, etc.

Bob


Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0