The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Peggy M, Hotrod Lincoln, Rusty Heaps, TUTS 59, 2 invisible), 73 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,121
Posts1,056,328
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 29
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 29
I'm working on reassembly and have run into a stop work issue. It's the formed pieces of metal that clip onto the inside of the fenders. I have the new seals but the formed metal that the old seals/gaskets are stapled to are to rusted to reuse. There are two pieces for each fender .. 1ea "L" shaped at the top of the fender and 1ea that is about 20 inches long that runs top to bottom of the fender. Anyone know of a source for new??

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 37
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 37
I don't believe anyone sells new but checkout RJ in parts for sale.He lives in Colorado. He should have what you need.If not I have a fair set. Gerry

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 29
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 29
Thanks Gerry, I know RJ I'll give him a call.
Thanks for the offer to sell your set.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Larkspur,

I ran into same problem recently. The "L" shaped dust seals had to be fabricated which I found someone to work locally. I can't help you there other than to confirm, not likely to find unless RJ can help. The long pieces I retrieved from donors in the junk yard. Since they are not reproduced, I grabbed extras. Send me a note if you would like pictures of the pieces I have stored in my garage, looking to go to first who needs (you?).
[email protected]


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
Also check tony at 456 chevy thats where I got mine.


1960 GMC 305A V-6 Gallery Page
Remember, the government cannot give --anything to anyone --that they have not first taken away from someone else.
BUY AMERICAN http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/index.html
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 29
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 29
Thanks to all for the responses!

I drove down to see RJ (Rich) today and picked up the pieces I needed. Man o Man has he got he rare/hard to find parts!

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 189
R
RJ Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 189
Steve, it was nice to see you again, Thanks for your purchase. glad to help out with parts.

Last edited by RJ; 08/20/2013 1:30 PM.

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0