Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,416 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 82 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 82 | Hello, all -
I've never been to the Tri-state show. Can anyone tell me about the camping option there? I'd be driving my daily driver and sleeping in a plain old tent.
Any thoughts or input?
Thanks!
Chris
1956 Chevy 3600 Dually
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Excellent plan, we'll see you there!
Grigg | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | As far as I know, they don't charge for tent camping at the show, only campers. Plenty of space to pitch a tent. Always a couple around Camp Stovebolt. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 82 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 82 | Sweet! Thanks for the reports!
1956 Chevy 3600 Dually
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,107 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,107 | ive camped at camp stovebolt in southbend. it was a great time, even in the rain  | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | "it was a great time". Are we talking about the same Southbend, with the rain and the cold and the wind, the one where we had to tie your tent between the back of the motor home and a chain link fence to keep you from floating away? That Southbend? Thats a positive attitude for ya!
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,107 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,107 | bill, its the only southbend i know of. its the only southbend ive been to  and yes it was a great time, at least for me. i didnt get stuck  | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | Yea, it was fun. We always seem to make the best of it. We had a pretty rainy Winchester a few years ago but we still had fun then too. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,002 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,002 | I'm disappionted I won't be able to hang out with you guys for that weekend. I will be at a bluegrass music festival the entire week and that weekend. Fortunately, it's not too far from Winchester. So, I will get over there at some point to meet up with you....maybe for a beverage of our choosing!
Victor
~ Victor 1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD 1957 3100 - moved on 1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on 1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on 1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 | I guess it's time to get a headcount for Winchester. And also start the planning for "The Formal Ball". I plan on being there around noontime on Thursday the 26th. I have no idea about meals. Hopefully someone has some ideas. As long as nobody gets it, I'll assume the spot at the pole with "The Lifeboat". Hopefully John has some thoughts on this and Billy can chime in some ideas. I can prolly bring my big grill instaed of my little Weber on the back of one of my trucks. I hope to have a second driver to bring my camper while I bring my truck. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | Mike, if you get there noon, you should have no problem staking claim on camp Stovebolt. I am bumming now that I won't be there but will really be hatin when you guys are getting setup for a great weekend. Rumor has it that Sr is coming out of retirement and will be "in training" again this year. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 | Good deal, we won't let you down. Josh is coming and will be bringing "The Lifeboat". I'll haul Dempsey. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | So you gut the life boat, Josh sold his camper, right? Is Pat going? Maybe no "U" this year?? If you all still want me to put an order on with the meat man, let me know. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 | We'll leave that up to John, he's gonna be in charge this year. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | Stovebolt Up Roache! I nominate you the interim Camp Commandant! You are in charge. | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,726 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,726 | If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve.
I second the motion to name Mike Roache "Interim Acting Camp Commandant!
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 | Accepted! Make contact with your FIL for the meat. And how about the Stovebolt flag to fly. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 456 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 456 | Gents, Unless something changes, I'll be in Alabama the 26th-29th. I hate to miss the event... Now I know how Billy feels.
George | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 | darn George, The one and only time you may get to witness me have any type of honorable authority. You will be sorely missed. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | I plan to be there Thursday and most of Friday. Then return Saturday mid day, probably leave that night.
Also plan to bring ice cream maker and make a batch or two.
Grigg | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 | Awesome Grigg, other than electric, do you need anything else? Maybe I can supply the ice. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | Electric? He don't need no stinkin lectric! Maybe a little diesel fuel (keep Hambone and his gas can away).
Man, missing the show is bad enough but missing Griggs homemade ice cream really hurts!
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 414 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 414 | Hey ODSS members, I plan to arrive Friday in time for ATHS chow, stay overnight, and return home Saturday. I plan to drive my '48 Chevrolet 3100 with the boys (John, age 13, Matthew, age 12) and visit the '52 'Burb project south of Winchester (116 Chiefton Pl). Any ODSS member want to make a side trip and check out the restorer's work/shop facilities, are welcome. Pray for nice weather, safe journeys, and outstanding fellowship. Thanks. V/R, Nick Cavallaro, Bel Air, MD | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 | Whoops, Shoulda known better. Very cool! | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | Not sure where I put the gas in that thing. Lots of options. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | If the ice cream has a hint of ethanol taste to it, Hambone be your man.
Last edited by Bill Marlow; 09/05/2013 5:42 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 | Whoops!!! Wrong hole!!  | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 ODSS Lawman | | ODSS Lawman Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 | Nick
I would be interested in the side trip, I am sure there are others as well. Looking forward to it.
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-TonThe GreenMachineIn the Stovebolt Gallery | | | | | Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 793 Bondo Artiste | | Bondo Artiste Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 793 | My plan is to come up Sat. mid day and then stay over 'till Sunday am.
~ Phillip 1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project 1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic 1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25 1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY! 1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO | | | | | Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 414 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 414 | Sweet, Good. Since Phil plans to arrive Sat, we shall go after that. Why? You and I both know he has an interest too. V/R, Nick | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | Gents,
I am still on track to join. Looks like driving up Friday AM. I think John mentioned the SMD road circus might be leaving Thursday. In case someone is driving Friday, let me know. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 ODSS Lawman | | ODSS Lawman Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 | Bone, I'm planning on Friday. Coming through FB to get there?
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-TonThe GreenMachineIn the Stovebolt Gallery | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,726 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,726 | I could be talked into going Friday with you guys.
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | I planned on the fredricksburg route. I would like company. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 | Your not leaving with us on Thursday John? | | | | | Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 173 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 173 | Well, I have never been to this show, so I am looking forward to seeing it. I am planning on gong up Fri and staying Fri and Sat. I would be interested in Nick's side trip (on Sat?).
Is Mike B attending? I have an engine dolly to return to him.
Is there a phone list for ODSS?
If so i need to get my cell phone on it.
Alec
Alec 51 Chevy 3100 | | | | | Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 414 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 414 | Alec, Good - side trip participant. Phil is restoring a GMC 'Burb and is arriving Sat P.M. We shall wait on him prior to embarking just a tad south of Winchester (116 Cheifton Pl). No worries on having phone #'s. Why? Registration folks will clue you in where ODSS members are located. Be safe and pray for nice weather. V/R, Nick | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 ODSS Lawman | | ODSS Lawman Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 | Alec,
We camp out in the southern camping lot. Turn into the southern most entrance to the show grounds and our circus is usually near the 3rd streetpole from Rt. 11. The campers are usually in "U" formation with tents around. Likely a truck with its hood up is there and a few of us under it....
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-TonThe GreenMachineIn the Stovebolt Gallery | | | | | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 456 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 456 | Look for a beer, with Sweet under it! | | |
| |