The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (3800GUY, Otto Skorzeny, Shade Baby), 105 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,414
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 82
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 82
Hello, all -

I've never been to the Tri-state show. Can anyone tell me about the camping option there? I'd be driving my daily driver and sleeping in a plain old tent.

Any thoughts or input?

Thanks!

Chris


1956 Chevy 3600 Dually
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Excellent plan, we'll see you there!

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
As far as I know, they don't charge for tent camping at the show, only campers. Plenty of space to pitch a tent. Always a couple around Camp Stovebolt.


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 82
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 82
Sweet! Thanks for the reports!


1956 Chevy 3600 Dually
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
ive camped at camp stovebolt in southbend. it was a great time, even in the rain thumbs_up

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
"it was a great time". Are we talking about the same Southbend, with the rain and the cold and the wind, the one where we had to tie your tent between the back of the motor home and a chain link fence to keep you from floating away? That Southbend?
Thats a positive attitude for ya!





~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
bill, its the only southbend i know of. its the only southbend ive been to cool and yes it was a great time, at least for me. i didnt get stuck grin

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Yea, it was fun. We always seem to make the best of it.
We had a pretty rainy Winchester a few years ago but we still had fun then too.


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
V
VEW Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
V Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
I'm disappionted I won't be able to hang out with you guys for that weekend. I will be at a bluegrass music festival the entire week and that weekend. Fortunately, it's not too far from Winchester. So, I will get over there at some point to meet up with you....maybe for a beverage of our choosing!

Victor


~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery
1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
I guess it's time to get a headcount for Winchester. And also start the planning for "The Formal Ball". I plan on being there around noontime on Thursday the 26th. I have no idea about meals. Hopefully someone has some ideas. As long as nobody gets it, I'll assume the spot at the pole with "The Lifeboat". Hopefully John has some thoughts on this and Billy can chime in some ideas. I can prolly bring my big grill instaed of my little Weber on the back of one of my trucks. I hope to have a second driver to bring my camper while I bring my truck.


Mike
1952 Chevrolet 2-Ton 6400
"Dempsey"
In the Gallery
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Mike, if you get there noon, you should have no problem staking claim on camp Stovebolt. I am bumming now that I won't be there but will really be hatin when you guys are getting setup for a great weekend.
Rumor has it that Sr is coming out of retirement and will be "in training" again this year.


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
Good deal, we won't let you down. Josh is coming and will be bringing "The Lifeboat". I'll haul Dempsey.


Mike
1952 Chevrolet 2-Ton 6400
"Dempsey"
In the Gallery
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
So you gut the life boat, Josh sold his camper, right? Is Pat going? Maybe no "U" this year??
If you all still want me to put an order on with the meat man, let me know.


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
We'll leave that up to John, he's gonna be in charge this year.


Mike
1952 Chevrolet 2-Ton 6400
"Dempsey"
In the Gallery
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Stovebolt Up Roache! I nominate you the interim Camp Commandant! You are in charge.


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,726
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,726
If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve.

I second the motion to name Mike Roache "Interim Acting Camp Commandant!


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
Accepted! Make contact with your FIL for the meat. And how about the Stovebolt flag to fly.


Mike
1952 Chevrolet 2-Ton 6400
"Dempsey"
In the Gallery
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 456
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 456
Gents,
Unless something changes, I'll be in Alabama the 26th-29th. I hate to miss the event... Now I know how Billy feels.

George

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
darn George, The one and only time you may get to witness me have any type of honorable authority. You will be sorely missed.


Mike
1952 Chevrolet 2-Ton 6400
"Dempsey"
In the Gallery
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
I plan to be there Thursday and most of Friday. Then return Saturday mid day, probably leave that night.

Also plan to bring ice cream maker and make a batch or two.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
Awesome Grigg, other than electric, do you need anything else? Maybe I can supply the ice.


Mike
1952 Chevrolet 2-Ton 6400
"Dempsey"
In the Gallery
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Electric? He don't need no stinkin lectric!
Maybe a little diesel fuel (keep Hambone and his gas can away).

Man, missing the show is bad enough but missing Griggs homemade ice cream really hurts!


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 414
N
NJC Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 414
Hey ODSS members, I plan to arrive Friday in time for ATHS chow, stay overnight, and return home Saturday. I plan to drive my '48 Chevrolet 3100 with the boys (John, age 13, Matthew, age 12) and visit the '52 'Burb project south of Winchester (116 Chiefton Pl). Any ODSS member want to make a side trip and check out the restorer's work/shop facilities, are welcome. Pray for nice weather, safe journeys, and outstanding fellowship. Thanks. V/R, Nick Cavallaro, Bel Air, MD

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
Whoops, Shoulda known better. Very cool!


Mike
1952 Chevrolet 2-Ton 6400
"Dempsey"
In the Gallery
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Not sure where I put the gas in that thing. Lots of options.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
If the ice cream has a hint of ethanol taste to it, Hambone be your man.

Last edited by Bill Marlow; 09/05/2013 5:42 AM.

~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
Whoops!!! Wrong hole!! eeeek


Mike
1952 Chevrolet 2-Ton 6400
"Dempsey"
In the Gallery
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
Nick

I would be interested in the side trip, I am sure there are others as well. Looking forward to it.



SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
My plan is to come up Sat. mid day and then stay over 'till Sunday am.


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 414
N
NJC Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 414
Sweet, Good. Since Phil plans to arrive Sat, we shall go after that. Why? You and I both know he has an interest too. V/R, Nick

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Gents,

I am still on track to join. Looks like driving up Friday AM. I think John mentioned the SMD road circus might be leaving Thursday. In case someone is driving Friday, let me know.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
Bone, I'm planning on Friday. Coming through FB to get there?


SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,726
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,726
I could be talked into going Friday with you guys.


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
I planned on the fredricksburg route. I would like company.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
Your not leaving with us on Thursday John?


Mike
1952 Chevrolet 2-Ton 6400
"Dempsey"
In the Gallery
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 173
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 173
Well, I have never been to this show, so I am looking forward to seeing it.
I am planning on gong up Fri and staying Fri and Sat.
I would be interested in Nick's side trip (on Sat?).

Is Mike B attending? I have an engine dolly to return to him.

Is there a phone list for ODSS?

If so i need to get my cell phone on it.

Alec


Alec
51 Chevy 3100
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 414
N
NJC Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 414
Alec, Good - side trip participant. Phil is restoring a GMC 'Burb and is arriving Sat P.M. We shall wait on him prior to embarking just a tad south of Winchester (116 Cheifton Pl). No worries on having phone #'s. Why? Registration folks will clue you in where ODSS members are located. Be safe and pray for nice weather. V/R, Nick

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
Alec,

We camp out in the southern camping lot. Turn into the southern most entrance to the show grounds and our circus is usually near the 3rd streetpole from Rt. 11. The campers are usually in "U" formation with tents around. Likely a truck with its hood up is there and a few of us under it....



SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 456
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 456
Look for a beer, with Sweet under it!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0