| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
10 members (Phak1, klhansen, 3800GUY, Still At It, Gdads51, Bill Hanlon, 53&Me, 3 invisible),
90
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,137 Posts1,056,437 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | Ther have been threads about trying to fit new rims on AD 3/4 and 1 Tons. The problem has been that new rims have too large a back spacing. I found this reference below that sells rims, probably for the off road crowd, but I think these will fit. They are 16x 7, 8 lug with a 4 " backspacing. Any comments ? http://www.4wheelparts.com/product2.asp?imseqn=1890&occlass=TWD&cat=PAC | | | | | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 91 Member | | Member Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 91 | I got my rims at Canadian Wheel www.canadianwheel.com very helpfull company. The told me the rims are used at the 2000 and up F***rd and D**ge. There part Number is 45304 This rims give me 1/2 space between the rim and the joint. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | Fritz, thanks for the information and it is nice to hear from you. I haven't heard much from you lately and I was afraid that that new job was taking too much of your time up! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 385 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 385 | Doublecheck the backspace measurement, as I recall 4" will leave a groove in the steering knuckle and knock the weights off the rim. | | |
#9560 01/23/2003 10:30 PM | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | Hedgehog,
you are right. I had forgotten the correct measurements. I guess that it was a senior's moment arriving early! | | |
#9561 01/23/2003 11:54 PM | Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 19 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 19 | Bolters: I've got a set of 16.5" (Dodge I think)wheels on my 52-3604, the problem is that unless you use spacers on the front wheels, the drivers side tie rod end rubs up against the rim (not good)! Ideally I would like to find a set of 17" aluminum rims, such as Alcoa light truck rims to fit the old beast. Found a place in California (Stockton Wheel)that was willing to build a set of 17" steelies for me but the cost (for me at least) seemed high and the process took a couple of months while they located a 17" rim to weld new centers into. Does anyone out there have a set of original wheels so that I can get the correct back spacing, etc.???? BuBBAB52 My sanity has never been questioned, moreover, its never been mentioned. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | Jim III, my 51 1 Ton has the original 17" split rims. They are listed in the GM data as 17 x5 with a 7/16" offset. I think that puts the backspacing at 2 15/16". Measuring the front side of the rim supports these measurements. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 385 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 385 | The "holy grail" of AD trucks: 3.75" backspacing on any rim that will fit over your drums. You won\'t want to do what I did if you're worried about looking stock. | | |
| |
| |