The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (TUTS 59, 1 invisible), 89 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 87
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 87
found a 1938 over the weekend. feeling pretty stoked about it. just had to share

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr3/dinokruz/1938%20Chevrolet%20pickup/1938chevytruck.jpg

dean / arkansas


1938 Chevy 1/2 ton Pickup
1940 Chevy 3/4 KD Pickup
1946 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup
1940 Chevy 1/2 KC Pickup
1939 Chevy 1.5 Truck
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 603
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 603
Great find! Wish I could find something like that over here in Alabama. If you get un-stoked, send it across the river to me, lol.


57 GMC LCF 370
55 John Deere 40-W
59 John Deere 430-W
2000 GMC 4x4
56 John Deere 420-W
Pix on Photobucket
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Looks like a great project. Are you planning a restoration, restomod or hotrod?


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
....not many left sitting out there, Dino, good that you got it before the tin worms or the crushie monster.


Last edited by cletis; 07/08/2013 7:25 PM. Reason: deleted personal message

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 583
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 583
And now the FUN begins. Enjoy.


1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 87
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 87
Thanks for the comments. Im going to keep as she is right now and clean her up a bit. See whats beneath her hood and not mess too much with what chevrolet did originally. No IFS....keep leaf springs drop axle....debating disk brakes. Keep the six or use my xtra 235. Thx again


1938 Chevy 1/2 ton Pickup
1940 Chevy 3/4 KD Pickup
1946 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup
1940 Chevy 1/2 KC Pickup
1939 Chevy 1.5 Truck
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,708
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,708
Great find!

It's about the same condition mine was in when I got it.

These get lots of attention!


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 51
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 51
Wow...very cool!!!

Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 51
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 51
Went back to look at your pictures...what a great looking truck!!!!

Just reread your second post, and not sure if I would be out of line here, but if was me, she would stay as close to stock as possible. Too rare to mess with, so stock engine, brakes etc...but all in the best working condition possible!! But it is your truck, for you to enjoy as you please, and I'm cool with which ever way you go! smile

Again...great looking truck!!!

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Originally Posted by Before My Time
......if was me, she would stay as close to stock as possible. Too rare to mess with......
Indeed! With so many of these old cars & trucks being turned into hotrods it's making the few remaining originals quite rare and valuable.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 237
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 237
nice find looks like the one i got. leave it as is.


1937 Chevrolet Carryall http://www.oldmemoriescc.com/images/blvdbombs/images/IMG_6465_JPG.jpg
1937 1/2 ton (sold)
1938 1/2 ton (sold)
1939 1/2 ton (sold)
Phil 4:4
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 87
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 87
thanks for the positive comments. I agree she came near perfect originally - I have no desire to improve on that original design. Just clean her up a bit.

She has shadows on the door and sheet metal between the hood and the cowl from being lettered. Fire department City Service Park Service - some state agency I guess. The number 6 is on both sides and above it is a small round decal of sorts but its just a sun shadow of what was there. The door jamb is red so I guess she was red and maybe fire department.

I found some fishing items so one of her POs was into fishing and a set of mismatched hubcaps.

Thanks again.


1938 Chevy 1/2 ton Pickup
1940 Chevy 3/4 KD Pickup
1946 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup
1940 Chevy 1/2 KC Pickup
1939 Chevy 1.5 Truck
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
Kind of looks like my 37 when I drug it home but you have much nicer front fenders,mine was running and drivable but had no brakes.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0