The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Hanks custodian, Pre '68 Dave, Otto Skorzeny), 67 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,076
Posts1,056,280
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 19
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 19
I have a stock 59 3600 napco 4x4 and would like to make a few low cost modifications to my truck to get some more horsepower. I was considering changing the camshaft and porting and polishing the head.I would also open up the intake and exhaust manifold to match the gaskets. Any recommendations on what cam I should use?

Another question I have has to deal with the stock differentials. The rearend will need a rebuild or replacement soon and factory replacement parts are not available. I was told a 12 bolt rear from a pre 73 chevrolet 3/4 ton will fit right in. Is that information correct? Any help would be appreciated

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 310
8
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
8 Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 310
There are several different grinds of cam available. Check Patricks Another option, which is what I have in mind when I get to building a 235, is using a stock 261 cam. It would be like using an RV cam in a 350. More low end grunt, but still very streetable. Good luck!! smile


-Tim
'51 Chevy 3104 w/'56 235, 848 Head, HEI Dizzy, Corvette Cam, Split Manifold and Dual Carter YF's
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
JW: I had a 70s rear in my 57 3/4 ton before it was converted to a NAPCO. However, you probably know this, the front & rear differential ratios need to match.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0