| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,209 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 1,747 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 1,747 | After too many days trying to figure out a bad hesitation just off idle I thought you might like to hear what I found. I had rebuilt the Carb, The dizzy and reset the valves. Re-torqued the intake and exhaust, Pulled the gas tank and cleaned it out and thought all was good. Idle was good and timing was good. Nice and smooth. Ran like crazy up hill and fell on its face every shift and every start from a stop. After all of this the Vacuum advance started to leak and that was what my problem was. Yes I tested that vac advance before I put the dizzy back in. Just pulled it cause I ran out of things to poke. I am gonna let the screws in the carb rest for a while now and enjoy driving this truck. 52 half ton with a 1960 235, 12 volts. Some times it is the thing I know is good that gets me.
Steve H
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 |  and we all learn from others!! | | |
| |
| |