The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Wayne67vert, Otto Skorzeny), 134 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,510
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
Did a road trip in the ole orange crate today now that its pretty much road worthy. First time its been out on the open road for about 5 years. Time flies when your having fun.

We took our GPS to confirm the speedometer is accurate, which it was to my surprise. I would have figured the huge rear tires would have thrown it off a bit. All in all a good first outing.

Gearing and tires produce 2000 RPM at 50 MPH in 4th gear. Which is pretty much what I had figured.

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/...Status%20Photos/DSCF2110_zpsf6b47dcb.jpg

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/...Status%20Photos/DSCF2112_zps722db841.jpg

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/...0Photos/2621897210103882008mTylTc_fs.jpg



In the Stovebolt Gallery ~~ "The Orange Crate" 1965 C10 SWB Step Side Build Thread

Inspired to be different. Different in a way of my own, not in a way that others strive.
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 56
L
creating memories
creating memories
L Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 56
Nice truck! I just got my 1962 C10 in pretty much driving condition, but I know how you feel. I have a Harley Davidson powered roadster I've been working on for 5 years. I really can't wait to get it on the road. Enjoy driving the truck!

Larry

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
Very nice. I'm jealous.


David Gilmore
Stovebolt Pictures
Paint progress
____________________________
1950 Chevy 3600
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
I have watched your progress and man, am I IMPRESSED! Great job!

What did your seats come out of? I must have missed that. You did

an AMAZING job on the Camero dash!

Best wishes,

Les

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
Thanks fellas thumbs_up

The seats: Procar Lowback Series 1400, got them from Summit.

Here's a link: http://www.summitracing.com/search/...r-lowback-series-1400-seats?autoview=SKU
And the Camaro dash... it's a big part of the reason it took me 5 years to get the truck road worthy again, well that and widening the bed 4 inches, and the rear gas tank, and...dang



Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 32
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 32
That is one nice looking truck. I'll have to figure out how to post some pics of mine, love them short stepsides. Apache c-10.

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 28
W
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 28
I remember the first trip when I got my 63 on the road, kinda hard to forget! Congratulations! Be sure to go over to the Stovebolt Driving Report and brag!

Cheers!


1963 Chevy C30 - 292 I6 +.040" 10.78:1, SM465
1978 GMC K2500



"Four gears with a granny low and six cylinders straight in a row."

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0