The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (TUTS 59, Jay R, papas52, Otto Skorzeny, JW51, Gdads51, cmayna), 90 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,084
Posts1,056,333
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#938108 04/23/2013 10:52 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 446
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 446
Below is a link to a video for Dave "53moneypit". Dave you wanted to see under the bed. Wish the video could have been better but there wasn't good light. I will try to take a better video soon. Thanks!


Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Thanks IronClad. I am pretty sure after watching this that this is a dealer built body as it has an aftermarket gusset between the crossmember and the longsill. I have never seen any factory built body use that type in my 48 years in the business and I have traveled extensively. So I'd put my money on a local built body. Nothing at all wrong with that and are often built stronger than the big brands. But think about self tapping Torx screws on the floor replacement. A lot less work.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 446
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 446
Thanks 53 for the information and advice. Hey, check out my next videos that I posted in the forum "C60 Bed Work Pt3 and 4". The wood is now removed and you can see the frame, etc. Thanks for watching!


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0