Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (BC59, 46truck, Ponchogl, Shade Baby, Hotrod Lincoln, Woodcmiami, 1 invisible),
112
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,121 Posts1,056,328 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2013 Posts: 235 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2013 Posts: 235 | Carolina Bolters I want to see if I can find my grandfather's actual truck. He drove it in Concord, N.C. between 1950 - 55 and I don't have any idea what became if it. It is likely scrapped or in a dump, but I thought I might ask anyone in the Concord / Charlotte area if they know of junk yards / scrap yards that I might call to track this down. This is truly a needle in a haystack, but worth a little effort on my part if I can get any leads. The logo on the side of the doors might still bleed through the rust so it might be something someone could identify. Ritchie Hardware Truck I apprectiate any insights or advice. Bob
Last edited by Ritchie 54; 04/23/2013 9:37 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 | Hi, Ritchie. Well, I have to say, your best bet is to find the same model truck and restore it with that cool logo on the door. Most "junkyards" have been crushed out long ago..(and come back as Toyotas!) Of course, it is possible somebody kept the truck and restored it. Good luck!
1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC" A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2013 Posts: 235 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2013 Posts: 235 | Thanks
BTW, your truck is spectacular. I need to make a license plate bracket for mine and saw your rear bracket. Can you send me a photo of the back-side of your bracket? It seems to have a broad support for the width of the license plate. Did you make that bracket yourself? | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | 40casey, I'd like to see a pic as Ritchie54 has requested. I have had a problem or two with my 37 tag. Most folks who walk around it catch the top outside corner and bend the tag.... AND when I go up the road, at interstate speeds and sometimes faster, the tag vibrates until the tag itself cracks. I lost one tag several years ago! Some bigger washers help but its not what I need. I'm thinking about a frame to hold the tag and bolt on four corners which is what it looks like you did. Suggestions/help welcomed.... and Thanks. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 481 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 481 | Bob,
Who is that in the back of the truck? I am Amanda Ritchie's cousin John and my mother was a Mund from Concord. My mother's sister Susan married Charlie Ritchie who was one of the Ritchie Auto Part boys. Did you ever locate this truck/
John | | | | | Joined: Mar 2013 Posts: 235 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2013 Posts: 235 | John Incredible to hear from you. We are clearly distant relatives in some manner. That is Bill Ritchie driving the truck and my older sister and brother in the back. I won't divulge their ages but that photo is circa 1953 - 1955. I never found the truck but called several junk yards in the Concord / Charlotte area. It is just a memory at this point. I would love to continue to connect the dots. My e-mail is [email protected] | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 481 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 481 | Bill, I just finished an 18 month contract with Duke Energy at their McGuire Nuclear Station and there was a Ritchie there doing stress analysis. Could that be you? I am back in Raleigh and doing some work on my 1958 Apache. Actually it's a total frame-off restoration and I am getting set to crank the engine before setting it on the chassis. My e-mail is, [email protected]. John | | |
| |