The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (KEVINSKI, Dennys28), 96 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 55
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 55
Hi All,
I'm working on re-assemblying a 1961 261.
There is a tapped hole in the middle of the third main bearing cap. It doesn't go all the way through. I don't remember anything being in there and I can't find a picture in the manual. I took a picture of the hole, but I can't figure out how to post it. I don't remember if anything went there.
Thanks for your help.
Joe

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 400
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 400
Third from front or rear?


1953 Chevy Two-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Be careful calling yourself a expert,because an "EX" is a hasbeen and a"SPERT" is a drip under pressure.

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 122
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 122
Doin' the same to my 61-261. Have the same tapped hole but don't remember taking anything apart from it. Have seen pics of the lower engine assy, but nothing in the hole. Good luck on your buildup

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 55
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 55
Front.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 55
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 55
Thanks. I'm pretty sure there was nothing in it.

Originally Posted by ryanz
Doin' the same to my 61-261. Have the same tapped hole but don't remember taking anything apart from it. Have seen pics of the lower engine assy, but nothing in the hole. Good luck on your buildup

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
Up to 1954(55 1st truck)the oil pick-up screen bolted to #3 main cap.
I have never seen anything newer with something bolted to that cap.


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 400
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 400
I was thinking the same thing, oil pump pickup tube


1953 Chevy Two-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Be careful calling yourself a expert,because an "EX" is a hasbeen and a"SPERT" is a drip under pressure.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0