| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,133 Posts1,056,398 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 55 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 55 | Hi All, I'm working on re-assemblying a 1961 261. There is a tapped hole in the middle of the third main bearing cap. It doesn't go all the way through. I don't remember anything being in there and I can't find a picture in the manual. I took a picture of the hole, but I can't figure out how to post it. I don't remember if anything went there. Thanks for your help. Joe | | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 400 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 400 | Third from front or rear? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 122 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 122 | Doin' the same to my 61-261. Have the same tapped hole but don't remember taking anything apart from it. Have seen pics of the lower engine assy, but nothing in the hole. Good luck on your buildup | | | | | Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 55 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 55 | | | | | | Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 55 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 55 | Thanks. I'm pretty sure there was nothing in it. Doin' the same to my 61-261. Have the same tapped hole but don't remember taking anything apart from it. Have seen pics of the lower engine assy, but nothing in the hole. Good luck on your buildup | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | Up to 1954(55 1st truck)the oil pick-up screen bolted to #3 main cap. I have never seen anything newer with something bolted to that cap.
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 400 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 400 | I was thinking the same thing, oil pump pickup tube | | |
| |
| |