The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (KEVINSKI, Mr Crosswrench, klhansen, Peggy M, 1 invisible), 138 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,395
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#913928 01/23/2013 5:09 AM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 82
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 82
Following a long and full resto of my 52 (urr humm, Ford) Pickup I longed for something more practical for the terrible UK weather that could carry people and work as a van.

Storking Ebay for several months led me to a BUTCHERED '51 in Utah , previously owned by some California hippies with a campervan style roof cut into its roof skin. Most people would and should run a mile but because they did, they probably didn't notice that actually apart from the obvious this was a solid old girl. The previous owners seemed to brush paint it whenever the paint baked through leaving it with so many layers of paint it actually saved it.

Having to sell both my TRUCK, now finished and my 63 OLDS lowrider in order to fund this project I wanted the burb to provide all the fun of both. Original, stock looks but with adjustable ride height.

In order to get most of the big stuff fixed to it before I imported it back to the UK, I enlisted the help of Starlite Rod and Kustom over in Torrance, CA.

The jobs list was Mustang II front end, four bar rear, Air-ride all round and a 350sbc with 700R overdrive.

CLICK HERE FOR PROGRESS SO FAR

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/11/2025 12:07 AM. Reason: fix title
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 82
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 82
Back in the workshop finalising the fourlink rear and fuel tank placement. Motor mocked up ready for mounts and install

CLICK FOR LATEST SHOTS

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 940
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 940
You picked a good shop to do the work! They build some pretty cool stuff and the paint jobs posted on their facebook page are amazing!

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 11
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 11
Have you fixed hole in roof yet ? I have a panel coming out of the woods soon with good roof. John 817-368-4941


john r bryant
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 82
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 82
Yes indeed the roof is now all fixed and Starlite have done a fantastic job. Because of the distance I am from the work I had to dig deep and get the best people I could afford AND trust. At least then I know there won't be any nasty surprises when it lands in the UK.

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 82
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 82

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 82
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 82
Got the burb back from media blasters at last...

rear view images


Front view

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 82
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 82

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Now the fun begins. Putting it all back together and smiling along the way. Looking Gooood..


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0