The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 92 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,116
Posts1,056,641
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 150
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 150
I just bought a new fuel sending unit for my '65 C-10, and I ran into a problem.
For years the wire has been off the inop fuel sender in my truck, and now and then the wire would touch ground and the guage would show full, flutter around and then go back down when the wire broke contact..
I went to install the new unit and the guage now goes from under empty to the empty line and stays there solidly when grounded.
When I lightly brush the contact against a ground it goes all the way over smoothly and then comes back down smoothly.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Mike

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
The only thing I know for sure is that the sending unit and gas gauge has to match(ohms)...just in case you might want to check that out.. good luck,,Fred

a lot of post on this subject, I made a few my self.might want to do a search within our posts,


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 150
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 150
I fixed the guage!
One of the armature wires had broken, so I disassembled the guage, unwound the wire enough to reach the solder plate and resoldered it.
All works as it should.
Thanks for the input.
Mike

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Great.....Fred


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 10
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 10
An almost identical fix works for a very common problem in Dremel Mototools--one of the field coil wires breaking at the little socket where the brush holder/speed control plugs into the stator assmby. The only *trick* to the fix is remembering that these are enameled wires that MUST be scraped clean in order to take solder.


IF YOU DIDN'T TEST IT, IT DOESN'T WORK

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0