The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 434
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 434
I apologize if this question has previously been answered--I did a quick search and did not uncover any thing.

Any recommendations for a radiator in a Task Force to go with LS motor? I really don't want to spend north of $700 for one either, I am hoping someone has a bolt in for less than $400, but that may be a pipe dream.

If I have to I can fab in a different radiator mount or weld up hard-line radiator tubing or both, but I would rather save the time for doing that for things I can't buy.


R-Bo

1959 Apache 1/2 ton Big Window, Short bed Fleetside (under reconstruction)
1966 GMC 305V6 in the family
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
if you've got a good original, that'd work fine with proper shroud

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
I just purchased a Champion radiator. It will be a while until I install it. Reviews I have read have been favorable. http://www.championradiators.com/

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 434
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 434
Thanks for the suggestions, fellas. The price sure is right on those Champions. What do you think of the looks of it, MNSmith? Does it have a fitting for the steam tube of the LS motors?


R-Bo

1959 Apache 1/2 ton Big Window, Short bed Fleetside (under reconstruction)
1966 GMC 305V6 in the family
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
The radiator looks well built. Time will tell. No port for the steam tube although, from what I understand, some guys are tapping in to the water pump or in to the upper radiator hose. If you're handy with a welder, I'm sure you could weld a bung in to the radiator or have a shop do it.

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 434
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 434
I have not TIG'ed enough aluminum to be that handy. I would just melt a few holes in a brand-new piece. (For me I get a hole about .5 seconds after I get a puddle to form!!!

I have a new water pump to put on it and will go that route.

Thanks for the info. I think I will go with the Champion since my original is suspect and doesn't have fittings for transmission.

BTW, cool build pics on your Suburban.


R-Bo

1959 Apache 1/2 ton Big Window, Short bed Fleetside (under reconstruction)
1966 GMC 305V6 in the family
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
Speedway has generic aluminum model that worked in mine Pick the size closest to what U need and fab it up. Easy in my case and very inexpensive.

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
Originally Posted by R-Bo
BTW, cool build pics on your Suburban.

Thanks!

Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 293
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 293
The LS engines do not produce a lot of heat, a stock rad would be fine and would good too (I do not like aluminium rads, they are too shiny for me!).


'57 Chevy Suburban; '70 Chevy Impala.

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0