The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 182 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,228
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#922554 02/24/2013 2:23 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 20
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 20
wave
Just finished rebuilding my 1951 Chevy 3100. Started out just wanting to repaint it but spent next 1 1/2 years doing a frame off rebuild. It had been sitting in a barn in Cumby, Texas for 10 years. Remained in my garage for another 20yrs before I got motivated. You sure learn alot about a vehicle when you tear it into hundreds of pieces. Many thanks to Bolters who helped answer my questions and helped me get it back together again.
Painted Windsor Blue, 1956 Chevy 235ci 6 cyl., 12 volt conversion, CPP front disc brakes, Patrick's 3.55:1 rear differential, Vintage Air air conditioning, 15" radial tires on Wheels Vintiques smoothies, LED tail lights and turn signals, Custom Autosound stereo, and Mar-K oak bed wood.
Runs great and gets lots of admiring looks when driven around Bartonville, Texas. Photobucket

Last edited by Peggy M; 05/03/2025 6:10 PM.

Blue51
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
hmmm, I can't see the pics for some reason.
Anyway, congrats on finishing up your project. Things to come together if we keep plugging away on them.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

No - I get the main Photobucket page (I am not a member, I guess).

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 20
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 20
Photobucket
After many attempts, photos of '51 Chevy seem to be attached. smile
Is there a way to correct what order the photo open? Would like front view to start rather than motor.
How do you get photos into the Gallery section?


Blue51
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 155
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 155
blue51, I have had the same problems with changing order of photos in Photobucket. From what I have read we are using a new version and the "arrange photos" feature has not been added yet.

http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/user/RdLessTaken/library/RdLessTaken%20Trucks

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 20
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 20
Love the picture of your blue '53 on the curvy road.
Must be full time job keeping all the trucks running.


Blue51
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I love the pic in front of the gas pumps. Nice pickup.

Photobucket....yeah, we use to be able to click on organize and then drag them to where we wanted them. I got the same message as RdsLessTaken about the feature not being up and running but would be "soon". This is the reason I went back to the original until we couldn't anymore. I let them know of this very problem when they first introduced the "new" version. Now my pics are all kaddy whompus.

anyway, nice pickup and I'm always partial to any color that is blue smile

EDIT: Blue51, you can write your story in the DIY forum which is a sub forum of the welcome center. The info will be picked up from there and if you provide a link to your picture it will be posted with your story.

Last edited by Achipmunk; 02/25/2013 6:46 PM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 174
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 174
Blue51,

Congrats on completing the project! Looks great! Now ENJOY it!!!


Stranger
Frank in Iowa

1955 Second Series Chevrolet Shortbox NAPCO with a Rockwell Transfer Case
"Mater's Cousin"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Photobucket
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 8
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 8
Blue51,
Thanks for the note and, yes, our trucks sure look like they were built side-by-side. The color on my truck is called "Ford Blue", but isn't "Wimbledon Blue" also a Ford color? I'm also running with LED tail-lights and like the look of your sequential add-ons. Did your truck have the enclosed drive-shaft? Mine has the 4.00 differential and would sure like to install something with a bit more oomph at the top end, but I don't have the knowledge level to try to swap out to an open drive shaft if that is required to upgrade the differential. Anyway, I'm sure you're enjoying your truck as much as I'm enjoying mine. Thanks for the link to the photobucket pics! Cheers!

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,076
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,076
Blue,

There is a way to order the photos on Photobucket. There's a button just above the pictures that says "Organize:" and you probably see "Off." Drag the off "button" over to "on" and then you can move the pictures around all you want. When done, push that button back to "off."

Congrats on getting the truck done ... but you know ... you are never done! smile

Peg


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0