The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Otto Skorzeny, klhansen, jmoore, ronsway, tclederman, 1955 1 Series), 147 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,085
Posts1,056,329
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7
I have a 1954 Chev 3100 and do not have the front fender braces--I need to know if they are the same for the 47-53 trucks? Any help would be appreciated--thanks

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 649
Y
'Bolter
'Bolter
Y Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 649
Yes, all the same 47 thru 54

Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7
Thanks! Now I just have to find them

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Post a Want Ad in the Swap Meet for the fender braces, or buy them from a vendor: front fender-to-firewall braces or lower front fender brace (other venders in the Links section also sell both pairs of braces in regular steel and stainless steel).


Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7
Oh I am sorry--the braces I am refering to attach to the radiator core support and and attach on the outer fender lip--are those the same for 1947-1954?

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Mike, your PM box is over the limit so I can't leave a message.
However, we need to know if what your looking for is the round rod braces or the big fender brace that attaches to the radiator support piece..I call it the horseshoe.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7
Good morning--it is the "horseshoe" braces that attached to the radiator support...when we got the truck the front clip was off and the braces were no where to be found-also I have never had a PM so I will have to find out why it says it is over the limit--Thanks again! Mike

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Are you referring to the "braces"/"side-arms" that are welded to the radiator frame?

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 608
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 608
guys,
Mike is talking about the fender braces that bolt thru the fender into the radiator support and arch across the fender,behind the headlite pod and attach to the outer lip of the fender.
And Mike yes you should be able to use 47-53 braces if you can get them.
Should be the same for the entire A-D run.
regards,
steve sr.

Last edited by steve sr; 02/14/2013 11:55 AM. Reason: info
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7
Thanks you very much!

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Thanks, Steve - the heavy, channeled brace that goes under/inside the top surface of the fender - duh/doh



Group 8.141 - left and right - same 47-55st?

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 608
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 608
Mike,
Your quite welcome.
Tim no worries,musta been one of those Sr.moments,lookin foward to Friday.
Lord knows I LUVS Me a Bunch a Fridays.
regards
steve sr.



Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0