The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,143
Posts1,056,494
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#912125 01/16/2013 2:07 AM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
I am missing my door checks on my new project. I have look all over the internet for what a 37 uses for a check and have found none so far. I see what 39 truck use and there are the straps, but I would like to find the correct checks for my truck. Any info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks Jerry


My first prewar and it will not be my last. Done with the 40 for my best friend. Got a 46 (year I was born) to build for me.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
The 37's are metal. It attaches to the door post with a "pin" that drops through the "bracket" at the end of the door check. The door check goes in from the inside of the door. When you close it the door check goes back inside the door.
Sorry I don't have a pic of it but hope this helps..... Note, do you have a shop manual for the 37??
I'm not sure if it shows it or not but you can check at the online manuals.

http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/

Welcome to the Stovebolt. Post us a pic of your truck when you can and drop by the welcome Centre and tell us a little about yourself.

Last edited by Achipmunk; 02/12/2013 7:50 PM. Reason: clarifcation

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0