| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
120
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,474 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 | Hi Guys,
While on the CJ2A forum I learned about the danger to yellow metal parts from GL-5 Gear oil. I have a 1.5 Ton bolt and I have not tore into the 4-speed tranny. Do I need to be concerned about the yellow metal issue with my GM tranny? I'll post this on another link as well. Thanks | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 | Best site I know for these questions is: www.novak-adapt.com/ | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | Lend-Lease 1.5, Double posting can become confusing. Brad's suggestion is the best resource in answer to your question. On the lower right of this page is an explanation regarding gear fluid. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 940 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 940 | So what's the answer ... I'm using 80W-90 GL-5 in the trans (3ott) and rear. If I read the page correctly, this is correct and I don't need to worry. ...? | | |
| |
| |