The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hotrod Lincoln), 118 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,474
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 210
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 210
Hi Guys,

While on the CJ2A forum I learned about the danger to yellow metal parts from GL-5 Gear oil. I have a 1.5 Ton bolt and I have not tore into the 4-speed tranny. Do I need to be concerned about the yellow metal issue with my GM tranny? I'll post this on another link as well. Thanks

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
Best site I know for these questions is:
www.novak-adapt.com/


Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Lend-Lease 1.5,

Double posting can become confusing.

Brad's suggestion is the best resource in answer to your question. On the lower right of this page is an explanation regarding gear fluid.

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 940
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 940
So what's the answer ... I'm using 80W-90 GL-5 in the trans (3ott) and rear. If I read the page correctly, this is correct and I don't need to worry. ...?

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 210
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 210
Thanks for the info. The guys on the CJ2A forum will have kittens over this! Check out this link from the forum. Any thoughts?

http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tranny-and-differential-lubrication-question_topic26453_page1.html

Last edited by Lend-Lease 1.5; 01/15/2013 9:59 AM.

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0