The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, tclederman, Lostbuthaulinass, 1 invisible), 81 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,478
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#907198 12/29/2012 9:18 PM
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 109
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 109
Well as many of you know my truck has been though a bad fire. Now I am in the process of redoing the body and let me tell you as a one man show it is not easy. Sand fill sand prime. Sand fill prime when dose it end.....

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 284
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 284
when you get it to where you want it. Take some time off and then get back at it.


The crew that works on the \'42 --Sara, Hannah and Abby
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Originally Posted by dad6timz
Take some time off and then get back at it.

I agree, don't let this truck beat you. It's supposed to be a hobby. Get on to something else for a while and when you're ready, get back to the bodywork.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
...I simply admire anyone that can do body work. Definitely not my cup of tea. I'm toooo impatient.


...good to see you check in Joe. Did you get your engine from Warner? When your back in my area some hot dogs are waiting.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 258
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 258
one way I keep motivated is to keep different parts at different stages of the process.

I get tired of sanding something, I go paint something already prepped, or go assemble something thats already been painted.

I also keep a few pictures of other restored stovebolts from this site in my barn, as motivation.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0