The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
12 members (Rusty Heaps, MickeyP, 3B, pauld, Forty9, bluechev, Otto Skorzeny, FAST55, Ole49GMC, 37 GC, BC59, 1 invisible), 120 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,628
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
i admit to having a fetish for old g.m. trucks. i probably have owned well over 100 vehicles in my lifetime but old g.m. was always the favorite. my dad knew this, and gave me a 54 hydromatic when i got home from the service. mom told me he looked everywhere for an auto trans truck since i had a bit of a problem walking in those days. i ran that old truck into the ground, and have wished a million times i had kept and rebuilt it.

a couple of years ago i bought a 47 international on an s-10 frame. a pretty waykool truck that has served me well and taken us on 2 vacations (including a trip from indy to the world headquarters of stovebolt international). a great fun truck, but, well, not g.m..

so, tonight, i bid on and won, another old g.m. truck on ebay. it's a 52 on a late model frame (what i like) and i'm looking forward to some paint and body work..... then... off to other adventures.

so tonight i came home. back to being a (modified) stovebolter. heading to arkansas saturday with the carhauler, and looking foward to better things.

Last edited by Peggy M; 05/02/2025 5:22 PM.
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 578
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 578
Kool!


"Happiness equals reality minus expectations" - Tom Magliozzi
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
That is way cool, koolkar, CONGRATULATIONS on your score!!!

It's good to see you back in here cool


Sabrina
'54 3100

Now cruising in the Passing Lane

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,094
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,094
koolkar, will be nice to have you back in the fold,been a while since you have regularly hung out here with us older members. Looks like a nice truck in the pics,the task force in front looks like mine.


Tommy
59 apache 1/2t
261 short stepside
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
thanks. (a special howdy to sabrina). the truck has some pretty unique features besides the frame. anbody notice the bed being 10 inches shorter? those funky reversed rims need to go, as do the exhaust stacks, and of course, the paint. i'm thinking red this time. the 54 my dad gave me was red. i think when i get it painted i'll take it to the graveyard and show it to him.

anyway, i didn't post here for a long time because i sorta felt out of place with the international and all. that has changed.

Last edited by koolkar; 12/28/2012 8:40 AM.
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,729
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,729
Ooooh and it's a *ratrod* I bet *that* clinched it for you, Kool!

Congrats and welcome home!

You have 4 months to get it ready to come to Homecoming. You know the way ... smile

John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
I'd be careful if I were you....if you paint it red, Joker might come and steal it!! grin
Welcome back!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
rat rod. i hate that term. it used to mean something completely different that what it has become. these days, if it's just too far gone to be restored, or total junk, it's a ratter. those guys who actually build those truly wild machines from all kind of stuff and make it work are the true rat rod guys.

sort of like "patina" (ya just can't help sounding like a goofball when you say that or "celedon" instead of freakin' blue).

for trucks that are like the burb Cletis owns, the original finish is a huge plus. the old truck looks great. for most all of the others, it simply means they simply can't do paint and body work, or the thing has rust holes in the top and hood they don't know how to deal with.

and finally this. i'm a retired cop and i like little guns that put huge holes in meat. i think joker and i will get along REAL well.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/combat-handguns/charter-arms-bulldog-44spl/

i dunno. i sorta like the idea of heading off to the reunion. especially at a comfortable 75 m.p.h..

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,088
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,088
Well, remember ... the Reunion is in Kansas City (which isn't too far) and is in September. The Homecoming is here in April ... and you've been here before. It would be good to have you again ... either or both places!

Peg


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
hope to make it. maryland in the spring is quite a sight. back when, i loved the smell of millions of cherry blossums near fredricksburg.

good ol' memories!

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
welcome back Officer, hate to see you get rid of the binder...
nice little truck you have...you can probably get it ready for 70
plus in order to drive to the reunion.....Yrs ago I drove redryder
there and it was a fun trip....just a little ole 235 with a five speed


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
the binder ships tomorrow, and yeah, it was a tough call. replacement parts were a big issue, as in non existant in most cases. no so with an a.d. looking forward to catching up with you one day.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
progress report on the 52.

WHEEL WOES

The 52 had some pretty hillbilly issues when I got it, and definitely was a "rat rod" contestant. I do admire some of the thinking outside the box the ratter guys do, but, it's not the look I want. The tires and wheels made me cringe every time I looked at them sticking out the sidewalls, and the huge wide rear tires rode terrible. They just had to go, along with the diesel stacks. The problem is, with the 72 frame being so wide, only a certain type of wheel would fit. So, yet another adventure. Since I've moved so far away, I tried a local tire chain store. One of the guys there actually understood what I was trying to accomplish, so after settling on the type of wheel I wanted, he ordered as close to the old school Crager mags I was looking for as possible

When the wheels came in, and the new tires were mounted, it was better, but the wheels still stuck out enough to rub, and the cost was $1600.00. I decided that wouldn't work, so I asked to have them removed. The guy who I originally talked to was sick, and this other guy told me he had the perfect solution. A body saw to cut the wheel wells. Now I REALLY wanted the wheels off! I decided to head back to where I used to live ( Lebanon Indiana) to deal with people I knew and trusted. In Lebanon, I have ALWAYS been treated very well by Allen Romack at Big O tires.

When I got to Lebanon, Curt Bascomb, a service writer at the store, helped me find the wheels I wanted, and went outside AND MEASURED THE TRUCK to make sure everything would fit. I stood there as he ordered exactly what I wanted, and told me I could have the wheels in 2 days. I selected the tires I wanted, and drove the 37 miles back home. As promised, 2 days later my wheels came in, so back I went. We test fitted the wheels before mounting the tires, and one more time, problem. The warehouse sent the 5x5 bolt pattern as ordered, but the hub was too small. (Jeeps have a 5x5 pattern also, but have a smaller hub size) Again I went home disappointed, and getting pretty frustrated at the whole mess. Then I had a thought. Steel wheels have the right offset and are thinner to pull in the wheels even more. I started hitting the junkyards. I found 2 at a junkyard in Noblesville, and met a really good guy (the owner) in the process. His junkyard has some pretty neat old stuff in it, and I enjoyed looking around. His prices were very fair, but the wheels would certainly need blasting.

Two more junkyards, and finally, I had 4 seven inch Chevy truck rally wheels from the 70's-80's era. Perfect. I had the wheels blasted at a local blacksmith shop for $20.00, primed with oil primer, and finish painted with International Farmall oil based tractor paint. It takes forever to dry, but tough as nails. From ebay, a set of new rally centers for 60 bucks. I finally had a decent set of wheels and had about $110.00 in the entire set. I didn't get my Crager look, but didn't spend $1100.00 either. Back once again to Big O tires.
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n603/koolkar/013_zps34af5085.jpg (Curt and John)

When I arrived, Curt got me right in, and once again, we test fit. It looked pretty good. Curt pulled the tires I wanted, and the guys got right on the mounting, balancing, and installing the new caps. I was very happy with the outcome. I think I need to say something here I feel is important. Whenever possible, I try my best to not deal with chain stores, and prefer to deal with owners or franchisees. It seems like guys who are on a salary could care less, and guys on commission only care about the getting your money and getting you out. Not so with small business owners. Allen at Big O is a franchisee, so he has a vested interest in keeping customers happy and coming back, In the time I have been a customer of Allen Romack's business, he and his staff have gone out of their way to take the best of care of my families vehicles as well as my own. The guy can be intense at times, but he demands his people do what is right, and does so at a very fair price. In the end, what is right, is what is safe, so, I'm a little bit picky about who I deal with.
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n603/koolkar/015_zpsf514bdc2.jpg (Allen Romack, owner)

You saw the before. Here's the after.

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n603/koolkar/011_zps05901367.jpg

I like the look, and the ride is so much better. A great improvement!

Last edited by koolkar; 02/18/2013 8:45 PM.
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
Parts is parts.


There used to be a commercial on that used the words "parts is parts", but are they? Buying parts can often be confusing, expensive, and often extremely frustrating. Besides simply running out of interest in a project, finances and frustration are probably the biggest reasons why projects get sold, and especially sold for a considerable loss. The truth is, for some of us, old trucks are a connection to our youth, but sooner or later, the adult world catches up with us all. So, if parts are parts, then parts places are parts places, right? OH NO THEY AIN'T AND WE KNOW IT! The truth is, there are only a few major part producers for our old rides, and few "quality" suppliers. even worse, the people who staff most parts places have next to zero knowledge of what we want or do, and a good counter person (girls play too) and a well stocked warehouse are a blessing. Like most blessings however, sometimes they are hard to find. My intent here is to offer my opinions, facts, and experiances with parts people as I go. In the interest of disclosure, I have to tell you guys I worked for the N.H.R.A at the track in Indy, and a few years ago the track was sponsored by O'reilly Auto Parts. In the end, I owe them nothing, and they owe me nothing, so we are even in that respect. The first thing you ought to realize if you are going to play this game is, you need to rely on yourself, and usually have some sort of game plan before you tear into a project, and do some research. The bolt page is full of plenty of knowledge, but some suppliers also have forums or information pages you really should at least consider. Hemmings is another great site, as is the Hotrodders Message Board, and the H.A.M.B. (no, i can't tell you what that stands for).

After your research, then the fun starts. Usually that's at the counter of your f.l.a.p.s.. When i was a kid, Washington Auto Parts in Indianapolis was parts central. The place was dingy, smelled like old oil and grease, and at least one guy at the counter smoked a cigar.... constantly. You could get anything for anything there, and crossbreeding series of parts was a snap since those old guys kept that knowledge in their heads, and oil stained catalogues. Those places are nearly all gone. In the place of those great old historical businesses, came the flashy part stores, the computer, and the "kid". Now the "kid" needs a job, and the store needs an employee, so one would think everything balances out, right? WRONG! It seems in most cases the kid knows alot about smart phones and computers, but his (or her) knowledge of anything automotive is next to nothing. If he's into "performance", that usually means he's into vinal stick on stripes, flashy chinese l.e.d. lights, and fart can mufflers. Ask him about lift and duration. Ask him about an updraft carb rebuild kit. Ask him about a vacuum wiper control. Ask him about a ballast resistor. What you get is what i call the "parakeet look". You can talk to a parakeet, and it will look at you and act like it is paying attention. Sooner or later though, the parakeet will do what parakeets do, and that is.... take a fat crap on the paper. That is all you will get out of the parakeet, except to realize you just wasted that much of your life talking to a bird.

Most parts places, even those who specialize in flashy useless junk, still have catalogs, although it seems like more and more, the help wants to use then less and less. It also seems like most parts chains are less interested in educating employees, and are more into simply pushing wiper blades and batteries. It's all about the quick sale, the buck, and the knowledge that if one employee quits, the guy who works the drive through at Mc Donald's is more than qualified to work for them. As we have made progress in some areas, we have lost something of great value. Thankfully, it's not all gone, but like our old trucks, it seems there are fewer every year.

So. Let's kick a few things around.

The internet. Now i admit to being a computer midget. I visit a few websites, but mostly stay in my comfort zone. Although I've had both good and bad experiances with the internet, I still prefer to shop and buy locally when I can. The big advantage of that is, if it doesn't work, I don't have to ship it back and wait another week to get what I wanted. Another advantage, if it's broke, I just get a refund. It seems like fed ex, and u.p.s. have hired a legion of out of work foul tempered gorillas to jump up and down on packages, especially if they are coming to me. If it is damaged, be prepared to deal with "customer service". "Customer service" used to mean people who resolved problems. These days, it means people who do anything to get you so frustrated you hang up and go away. A recent experiance i had with federal excuse(fed ex) taught me when I have a problem, I have a problem. Sort of like the aforementioned parakeet look. Now to be fair, the part store also uses the internet to order stuff. Part stores SELL PARTS, but manufacture nothing. The advantage of the part store is, when my order arrives, if there's a problem, it's THEIR problem. My frustration is that i have to wait for another part to come in to replace the damaged one, but i ain't payin' for it, and i ain't dealing with somebody in Pakastan to resolve the issue.


Let's deal briefly with parts costs and shipping. I need new brackets for my tail lights. As near as I can tell, the exact same brackets that Classic Parts sell, are about 2 to 3 dollars higher priced on Jim Carter's website. Go figure. if I were just ordering brackets, I would buy from Classic since they cost less, but since I'm ordering more of what I want from Carter, then pricewise it's a toss up on price due to separate shipping cost, and I also ordered new stainless light assemblies from Carter, so it all comes in one box. Generally, up to a certain weight, the shipping cost for 2 of something in a box is the same as 1 of something in a box, so a minor price difference is acceptable. If you are ordering a single item, then by all means, shop price if the basic quality is the same. Also, take a look at the return policy of the different vendors out there. Read that before you buy ANYTHING. Next, look at delivery times and consider if you need to be there to sign for, or unload what you have bought. I bought something on ebay recently, and when the u.p.s. guy couldn't find me at home, he delivered it to the post office. (they do that).

CRAIGLIST / LOCAL ADS.

I have bought and sold on Craigslist. Every single time I have gone to buy something on Craigslist, I have carried a gun. I once heard Craigslist described as "the wild, wild west", and it is. People have been robbed and murdered buying and selling on Craigslist, so I encourage you to use due caution when doing business with anyone on Craigslist.

EBAY.

I have bought and sold on ebay. I encourage you to again be cautious with who you deal with. pay attention to feedback scores and look at feedback comments. whatever it is you want, it usually can be found someplace else, so usually with shipping, and stupid paypal fees, you gain little to nothing using ebay except convienience. like I said, I have used ebay for parts, but try to use an established business. I mentioned I bought new parts tonight from Jim Carter. My total was $89.00. There is currently an auction running on ebay, and the very same setup is currently at $159.00.
How nosepicking stupid can a person be to pay nearly twice as much for the exact same item that could have been bought (with a warranty) from a reputable dealer? Remember, I told you to research. You can get catalogs for free or very cheap if you ask.

By the way, you get a 10% discount from Jim Carter just for being a member of the Stovebolt site. (I didn't know that when I ordered). As near as I can tell, Jim Carter is sometimes a bit more expensive than Classic Parts, but the 10% makes it pretty much a wash. Jim Carter is a supporter of the Bolt page, and that also gives his store a bit more traction in my book. In the end, support those who support us I think. Remember, not everyone has everything, so as many catalogs as possible for reference is a good thing.

J.C. Witney.

All I can say is, they ain't what they used to be in my opinion. shipping costs usually make even sale items more expensive, and i think maybe when they moved, they deleted many items they were once famous for carrying. either way, i'm done pretty much done with them.

Advance Auto.

They are my last resort. I'll leave it at that except to say in many cases, the "kid" works there.

Autozone.

The one locally (Noblesville) is pretty good. and becoming my favorite, I get pretty good service there and do shop there from time to time. They are a pretty friendly bunch, and the guys and women there seem to have far above more knowledge than I'm used to at a chain store. so far, so good with them.

NAPA.

Outstanding selection, and they are good at finding hard to find parts. A bit on the pricey side, but not a bad place to shop. The store in Lebanon In. (H&H) has served me pretty well over the years. You DO pay more, but it's usually worth it. Oh yeah, the NAPA in Westfield In. has done right by me also, and with napa, usually there's a manager/ owner on site to handle any problems, and a huge warehouse and selection.


O'Reilly Auto Parts.

I've had good and bad with them. I've learned to deal with one manager at one store, who understands what I'm doing and treats me like a valued customer. that manager is Ricky Downs, who used to be at the Lebanon store, but is now manager at the Westfield In. store. I can't say enough good about the guy, but as for their other stores, I simply avoid them. I've also figured out that in many cases, O'Reilly is higher priced for the exact same item. Although they offer a price match, I simply don't have the time to call every other outlet in town to find the cheapest price then go to O'Reilly. It seems to me like maybe the other guys ought to be matching THEM once in awhile.

Yeah, I know. Ain't this guy ever gonna shut up? Pretty soon, but not quite yet. To sum this up, I encourage you to take the time to get to know your parts guys and gals. It's to your advantage to have some sort of working relationship with these folks, for the simple reason being that a good parts guy can make your life much easier, and in at least some cases, save you time and a bunch of money. If you are going to use internet suppliers, then register on the site as a customer so you might be able to take avantage of discounts and special sales on parts. In the end, one of our biggest expenses will still be one of our biggest expenses, but maybe the bite won't be as bad. If you are still awake, I complement you on your endurance!

Last edited by koolkar; 02/19/2013 10:38 AM.
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
My conversation with Jim Carter.

I talked to John and Peg before starting this topic for one reason. I have a tendency to not be very politically correct and have no trouble expressing myself, especially when i'm riled up. At the same time, I try very hard to be fair and honest,(sometimes brutally honest), so add my tendency to shoot my mouth off, and I thought I should check with the owners of this cybergarage before saying much. After all, it's THEIR place, not mine.

I contacted everyone I spoke of in the "parts" post, and told them what i was up to strictly in the interest of fairness and honesty.

One person replied. ONE. that was Jim Carter himself, who took time from his busy day to talk to the likes of me.

This is my impression of our conversation. Jim takes his business seriously and personally. The guy is as easy to talk to as any guy who hangs out in a garage and is perfectly content to do so. He expressed his support for my project and told me he if i ever needed help or got stumped on anything, to give him a call. I think this guy KNOWS old trucks, and hasn't forgotten the values of personal service an commitment to the customer. In short, he's one of us.

So,let's see.

1. has parts
2. has knowledge (doesn't need a computer to tell him what to do)
3. honest
4. personal involvement.
5. commitment to make it right.

I hung up the phone and sort of wondered what year it was. This is the part store of my younger years where, when i was learning about cars, people were patient, honest, and provided excellant service. In those days, it was more than just a job to the guys who worked there, and the owner was never far away. Needless to say, i was impressed by Jim, and now, his store is my first choice. i'll probably buy my grill there when the time is right.(which means after I save up enough money and the wife agrees).

OH YEAH! YOU HAVE GOT TO GET ONE OF HIS CATALOGS! Instead of a flashy catalog, Carter's have used more plain paper and added old advertising, and tech info. I have that catalog in one of my most coveted places where i do most of my research. (you figure out where that is).

Last edited by koolkar; 02/19/2013 10:49 AM.
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
Originally Posted by joker
welcome back Officer, hate to see you get rid of the binder...
nice little truck you have...you can probably get it ready for 70
plus in order to drive to the reunion.....Yrs ago I drove redryder
there and it was a fun trip....just a little ole 235 with a five speed

first off, glad you are kickin' a$$ on the big C. next we gotta get you back on the road in style. if it's ok, you are on the short list of folks i would like to visit with personally one day.

for the record, the list of people i don't want to visit is much........ much......much, longer.

keep winnin' the fight!

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
thanks, my list has increased the past two weeks...lol


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
Originally Posted by joker
thanks, my list has increased the past two weeks...lol
i hear ya brother!

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477

For several years I’ve had most of my mechanic work done at Deakin’s garage in Lebanon Indiana. Gary Deakins is a true old school gear head who has built several street rods and custom cars and is one of the very few people I know who really understands cars, both new and old. After I left the tire store the other day I realized I was so happy with how the truck looked I had forgotten to have the new idler arm I had bought installed, so I headed to Deakins.
Deak’s place is usually jumpin’, but he had an open lift when I got there so I got the 52 right in for the install. As the mechanic got to work, Gary and I had a chance to shoot the….. stuff, and he updated me on the progress of his latest projects. Tell you what, all you Stovebolt experts, what is going on here?
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n603/koolkar/016_zpsc23ca207.jpg
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n603/koolkar/017_zps1f69189d.jpg
O.k., I’ll go ahead and tell you. The block is a modified 250 with an adapter plate to mount the early valve cover on. (to make room for “goodies”). What is going on here is Gary’s attempt to make Stovebolt history. That engine will be installed into either a steel body T-bucket or mid 20’s Chevy street rod to attempt, get this, to break the land speed record in that class, which I think is 186 m.p.h.. Now THAT is a story I’ll be sure to cover for you guys! I dunno, maybe a good time to have some sort of get together for everyone to witness the event? We’ll see.
Deak also has a 62 Chevy project going on that will be a complete frame off restoration modified into a great low rider. I can’t wait to go cruisin’ with him.
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n603/koolkar/018_zpsa2a67224.jpg

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 608
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 608
Dave,
I remember you from a buncha months ago--(yrs)!!
I,ve been following this and it is way too good.
Good to have You back.
Gary looks like a Friend I know who is a real straight cat,do anything for you.
Always loved Your posts.
Thank You for Your Service,and Please continue On.
And YOU Too Joker.
regards,
steve sr.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
koolkar, thanks for posting the pics. Sounds and looks like my kind of place. Hope your doing well.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
thanks steve and chip. i intend to post more and more as i make progress on my old ride. most everything i've had done by other i could do myself, but the new house doesn't have a garage and i'm not about to go lay in the snow. anyway, i'm hoping besides the regular bunch, maybe some new guys will see this thread in maybe it will help them out. i normally don't have anything done by anyone else including welding, paint and body, and engine rebuilding, but with no garage...... nope!

i'm planning a differential rebuild to re-ratio, and i know most guys don't have a clue how to properly set up a differential. i'm also planning to start the body work soon, and will post on the products i use and how i use them. for this, i bet i'll suprise a few of you. also, wiring. the 52 has a rats nest under the dash and it's hacked together. for some reason, the chain outlets are extremely camera shy, and i can't figure out why. if i had a parts store, i would bust my backside to put out as much info as possible. since i don't have a parts store, i'm ok with just saying a little bit about where i shop.

one thing. unless i find a business that is purely a ripoff, i'm going to not say too much bad about anyone, and post as much good about those who treat me well. one thing i've always believed is, people who are honest never mind having their pictures and names posted.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
SERVICE FAILURE(in my opinion)
--------
so, as i continue dressing up the engine compartment and working on the performance aspect of the truck, most everything is going along pretty well. of course, there's always bumps in the road, and of course, i'm the guy who finds them.

with a smallblock under the hood, the engine sits down in there a bit. considering other stuff in the way, it's difficult to add oil without spilling some of the stuff, and before, with the engine compartment looking like a rats nest, i didn't care. now i do. so, to help solve the problem i decided to add an oil filler extension pipe to make things easier and drip free. besides the mess, oil ain't cheap anymore and it does no good on the ground under the truck.

so, back to autozone in noblesville in. where brian, the manager ordered the thing, and i pre paid for the part with a delivery time of next day. i bought a few other things i wanted to justify the 30 mile round trip, and headed to the house. today, i went once again to autozone only to find out that edlebrock cancelled my order (without anyones knowledge) and the oil filler tubes were on back order. nice, huh? another 30 mile round trip for nothing and wasted time.

i have an edlebrock carb under the hood along with their manifold and bought a dress up kit with their name on it. we PAY for the part, and give edlebrock free advertising in the process, and in return, get jerked around because some nose picker can't keep track of inventory or can't figure out how to type "not availble" on a computer screen. i doubt there is some sort of huge crush of these things being ordered and nobody noticed the shelves were getting low on inventory. either way, it doesn't matter because i now will have 3 trips in a filler tube that costs $16 bucks and will end up getting the thing from mr. gasket, (who the manager confirmed actually has the thing and is shipping it today and, as it turns out, for less money).

i understand inventory goes down from time to time. i also know you can't sell what you don't keep in stock, and in the end, it's the CUSTOMER who pays the bills. considering i'm gonna have a total of 90 miles in this thing, at way too much a gallon for fuel, this thing is gonna cost way too much, and i doubt edlebrock could much care. i'm wondering, since i've been a customer of edlebrock products for over 30 years and have spent a ton of money on my own vehicles as well as customer vehicles if maybe things haven't changed a bit. either way, it won't take much of this to have me looking elsewhere. yeah, i know, it's a little thing, but considering how many "little things" go into our machines, it adds up into a major cost. if we consider how many items we buy for under 50 bucks, add shipping and gas and time running for parts, these "little things" become huge things. i know in this case, i'm going to have probably 30 bucks and 2 hours in a part that costs nowhere near that.

like i said in the "part is parts" post, we need to do our homework to keep costs down.

hope this helps.

by the way, alternatives for edlebrock include mr. gasket and offenhauser (who makes EXCELLANT products).

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Brand/Offenhauser/?gclid=CPTnvpPiyrUCFc5AMgodIVgARw

http://mr-gasket.com/

Last edited by koolkar; 02/22/2013 2:39 PM.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Koolkar, SHOUT IT FROM THE MOUNTAINS brother.....actually the way you and I think we could be brothers smile

No matter how "little" the things are that I buy I expect to be treated like I'm appreciated but companies now don't give a rip who you are, are how much you spend, your just a $$$ sign to them....and heck, when do you actually see a real face to deal with except the counter guy who is working part time with no benefits and minimun wage and is being pushed everyday to sell or meet some goal so they can give him a two dollar bonus.

Since retirememt I've worked at Advance Auto for 7 years. They have NEVER said how much they appreciate me, or anyone else. Never ask how they could help....ALWAYS, sell sell sell. And yet they can sponsor or co-sponsor a race car, or many other big events yet cry to the little guy to sell more.....of coarse this is after brain washing a few DM's or GM's. I've seen at least 6 store managers, 4 gm's or dm's at the store I work. You'd think after 6 months they'd at least buy you a shirt...but no, you have to buy your own red shirt, black pants, black shoes/socks/belts so for a while you pay them. If I wasn't retired I'd starve to death....you think they'd care? HA.

They are All like this. I have a choice and choose to do what I do for my own reasons....
Whew, why did you have to get me started.... smile

As I always say, shop around, do the math and then make a decision. Theres plenty of folks out there wanting to seperate you from your money... but I also believe that there are some folks that want to do whats rights, be honest, and value their honesty and integrity. (oh, and don't rule out Speedway either)


Last edited by Achipmunk; 02/22/2013 5:38 PM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
sorta why i paid so much attention to jim carter. i think a few more could learn from the guy. yaknow, i'm a bit surprized at where you work. in my experiance, they normally hire "the kid" i referred to. the one in the town i used to live in went through managers like crazy. one of the managers they HAD understood the business i was in at the time, and instructed his employees to "give that guy whatever catalog he wants and order what he asks for without question". this was after an incident when a 23 year old tried to explain to me what i was doing when i was FABRICATING and custom building an air conditioning system for a lambo countach. needless to say, i was very impressed with how much the kid didn't know.

things have evolved alot in my lifetime. the younger generation, in many cases, want to learn and do for themselves, but the older generation has, or is, dying off, and there's nobody to teach them. add to this, most all auto parts outlets are corporate with corporate types who have business training, but have never gotten some grease under their fingernails in thier lifetimes. they simply don't understand the car culture, and i think look down their noses at their customers. the few independants left, see us as a treasure and usually treat us that way, but like us, soon won't be around. look for my next little feature on this topic as i visit one of the few independant shops left around here.

Last edited by koolkar; 02/23/2013 6:03 AM.
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
more fun. the insurance man.
back when insurance was no big deal. for classic/ rod types, the soup has become a bit thicker. way back in b.c. (before computers) you talked to a human, the human gave you a quote, you paid, and drove away happy. lately though, not so much.

we have to walk a minefield lately and be careful where we step, or sumthin' might blow up, and guess who it blows up on.
oh well, here we go. i needed insurance on the 52. i had insurance on the 47 international i cancelled when i sold the thing, but it was EXPENSIVE considering what type of insurance i had at the time, so, i started shopping around.

first i called erie, who my other cars are with. after 5 minutes of "let me speak to my supervisor", or simply "what type of vehicle did you say that was? i only show a "c" series in that brand" i was told they didn't insure vehicles like mine.

what followed next was all over the place. progressive would, but darn. called a few independant agents, and got a whole bunch of "let me get back to you". finally, mostly out of despiration, i called geico. yeah, the lizard people. i expected more of the same, but instead, the woman on the phone simply said "i'll be happy to give you a quote right now if you have the time". i assured her i had the time.

here's how it shook out. for 6 months, pl-pd, uninsured/underinsured motorist, the amount is $176.00. now that doesn't cover my truck, so i'll have to refrain from running in to stuff (dammit!) but i can drive legal and if something happens, i'll rebuild the truck myself.

shop around guys. compare and spend wisely. one other thing. i'm sure there is some sort of mutual of walla walla out there. i'm also sure they won't pay claims. do your homework!

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
BED ROLL LIGHTS. (deals, clowns, rips, and beware!)

so, since the '52 came stock with one tail light and no turn signals, i decided to upgrade those as well. i figured maybe a set of those kewel bed roll lights in amber would be just the ticket, so, the internet search is on.

first off, this. i cannot figure, for the life of me, how the hell these things can cost over $100.00 a pair. second, some of these products can get yer butt in jail and the truck impounded. remember, i'm an old, beat up, over the hill cop, and at least 3 times i can remember, i've had cars and trucks towed for illegal lighting that couldn't be removed on the scene, with instructions to the towing company the vehicle not be released until the lights were made to comply with the law.

and of course the over $100.00 ticket to boot.

one of these products will put you into that catagory.

http://www.x2industries.com/truck-l...d-turn-signals-kit-blue-pair-p-4968.html

so, these folks will sell you a set of lights you CANNOT legally use on the street for the (in my opinion stupid) price of only $158.00 (just how stupid are YOU?), and for that amount of money you get to play the ticket lottery where you get the opportunity to pay about $200.00 more in fines, possibly points on your license (depending on your state and how the officer writes the ticket as most equipment violations have no points, but operating and unsafe vehicle tickets DO have points for your insurance man to look at.... and yeah, those tickets "stick" in court and require the vehicle to be towed, so add 3-4 hundred more bucks to the tally).

now the same company sells these,
http://www.x2industries.com/advance...=0&osCsid=26ose4u7jt56119ms652g7p287 for the amazing low price of only $138.00, but again, just how stupid are you?

remember, i have told you from the start to do your homework and research.

try these:



http://www.speedwaymotors.com/1947-53-Chevy-Pickup-Bed-Roll-Lights,46344.html

or, even better, these:

http://www.hotrodhotline.com/bed-roll-lights-1940%E2%80%99s-1950%E2%80%99s-chevy


let's see. 90 bucks or $140-150. what do i do?

oh yeah, there's some cheap stuff that just might be to avoid, like the canadian company one of our members had a bad time with.

http://www.alanhorvath.com/54chevy/bedroll_lights.phphttp://www.pros-pick.com/hotlitez.html



so use some caution, ok?

oh, by the way, jim carter sells these:

http://www.oldchevytrucks.com/cart/product.asp?prodid=SMC120&i=|bed roll lights||||
but i would change them to super brite l.e.d.'s

Last edited by koolkar; 03/09/2013 9:41 AM.
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
just about lost the truck today.............

so i'm working on the 52 and noticed the cheap plastic air filter spacer has cracked and the air filter is crooked, so i remove the filter and stupid chinese spacer. (thanks MR. GASKET).

anyway, i go to start the truck, and POP! the carb is on fire! i try to crank the fire into the engine, but there's too much gas in the carb/ manifold and the fire only gets smaller. now i'm running around to find something to smother the fire. into the house, and the first thing i see is one of my wifes new towels. i run back outside, and the towel cuts down the fire, but not enough to put it out, then the towel starts to burn. i run to a puddle and wet the towel some and run back to the truck, but the towel isn't wet enough. again, the fire is smaller, but not out. i run back into the house and grab a pan of water and run back out to the truck and douse the thing. the fire goes out finally with just very minor damage.

so, the old guy learns a lesson we all need to heed.

i don't care much for wal mart, but they do carry a nice kidde fire extinguisher for 18 bucks. i bought 4 of them and some stuff that comes in an aerosol spray can. i'm too damned old and crippled to run like that!

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
KoolKar, we're never to old to learn...or be reminded. And, while I have some close by I do not carry one in the truck. How stupid can I be! I'll take your advice and go pick up a couple smaller ones. Anything they won't put out I'll just stand back and let'er burn!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
Did you also buy your wife some new towels? grin


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
Originally Posted by Rich'sToys
Did you also buy your wife some new towels? grin


yeah. after she got through reminding me she married an idiot.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
a really big deal tomorrow!

heading off the spencer indiana (about 100 miles) to have a new differential installed. all new bearings gears shims gaskets...EVERYTHING! cost is gonna be about $650.00 and done while i wait.

i'll get pictures and maybe a video.

looking forward to going 10 m.p.g. to at least 16

Last edited by koolkar; 04/21/2013 2:30 PM.
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
well........... back on, FINALLY after nearly a month of not being able to stay logged on.

sent a feedback note to "speedy bill" about his website. bought an air filter spacer that didn't have a complete description of what the hell it fit, but took a chance. i hate taking chances. i sorta like ol' speedy bill, and hope he listens.

anyway, I FOUND THE ANSWER TO MY TURN SIGNAL/ BRAKE LIGHT QUEST!

i'll get pictures on here as soon as i get everything mounted and wired. i think you guys are gonna like it, and one more time, it's thinking outside the box.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
koolkar, enjoy following along on your work and the updates.
...and yeah, I know about the differential rebuilds. I just had a '59 differential rebuilt with a new 3.38 ring gear and complete overhaul kit. The guy, told me not to advertise the price.....$485 smile


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
well, it was another adventure. the engine sure seems to turn at a pretty high rpm, but, no tach so i'm not sure. anyway i made an appointment at a shop that spacializes in differential work that's about 100 miles from home. (nice road trip)

we get the truck on the lift, and it's got......... a 3:08 gear in it already. so i'm REALLY perplexed at this point. not all for nuthin' though since the gear oil was a murky brown color. it had a bunch of water in it. the guy charged me a hundred bucks for a fluid change! i ain't going back there, nor will i send anyone else and that's for sure! since the speedometer is so far off, i'm gonna buy a tach and a gps to keep track of the speed/ rpm. i dunno. at this point, maybe the torque converter?? maybe a 700 r-4? the mileage is horrible, but the 350 is pretty tired.

my head hurts. too much thinkin', i'm thinkin'. there's and answer to every problem. just gotta find it.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
well, i took a break. about what, 3 months? anyway, took time to do more stuff to the truck, and go to my first ever stovebolt reunion. what a great time.

so, i'll update a bit more of my work.

first off, the front seal leaked a bit (a gallon every 50 miles)so it needed changing. on a smallblock chevy, the pan needs to be loosened up at least to remove the stock timing chain cover, so, i decided it might be a good idea to replace the oil pump as long as i was down there. the 71 frame allows the pan to be completely removed with relative ease, so the job wasn't too bad.

let's tackle a question while we are here. high volume vs. high pressure vs. stock oil pumps.
most of us have been told over the years that a high capacity oil pan must be used, to which i reply.......... maybe. my engine has an unknown amount of wear, but i'm sure it's not "good as new" and things are worn. my oil pressure at warm idle was about 5 lbs. before the pump change, and is at 25 now. a good improvement i believe. down the road it holds 50 steady. i replaced the stock oil pan after discovering somebody decided to braze a spot in the pan, and i got a new replacement for 75 bucks at autozone. it's a stock replacement, so, 5 quarts. i am having NO ISSUES with the stock pan. if this was a rebuild, i might have done things differently.

oh yeah. ALWAYS REPLACE THE OIL PUMP DRIVE WITH A PINNED METAL REPLACMENT SHAFT. i mean really, you gonna reuse the stock plastic coupler and risk the cheap junk breaking in the winter when oil is like ice cream? ........ummmmmmm..........ice cream!!!! with chocolate syrup!!! .....ummmmmmmmmmm!

ok, what about the timing chain? i have always used double row steel timing chains and have never had an issue with them. not once. i buy from a company called cloyes and will shop suppliers until i find the best price for that brand.
http://www.cloyes.com/

it was a good thing i did change out the chain and gears as very soon i was headed for trouble with what looked like the factory setup. this means a 1985 timing chain and gears. so it was ready for retirement.

i did confirm the block is 4 bolt main, which is good, as i was having trouble finding out what the heck the engine came out of. i finally figured out it's a 1985 truck motor from the casting numbers, and 4 bolt main engine. from the serial numbers stamped into the front of the engine i discovered it was a crate engine.

i used a mister gasket chrome timing chain cover and the M$%^&*@er leaked! so when we got home from kansas city i had to change back to stock. oh well, it's done now.

one thing. i said the engine is tired. after changing out the timing chain i reset the ignition timing. MUCH BETTER performance, and mileage has improved somewhat.

ok, let's tackle something i think may ruffle a feather or two.

gear drive setups, like the pete jackson gear drives, varicam, etc.

for the strip, or competition, a gear drive may make perfect sense. for the street, they are dead bone stupid. you WILL tear up your engine much sooner, and there is no practical value in a street vehicle equipped with such nonsense. yeah, i know, they sound cool. yeah, i know, people will look at you and oooh and ahhhh. tell ya what. save the money you were gonna blow on a gear drive to put towards a penis enlargement surgery. funny how that operation seems to affect the sale of some vehicles. (just sayin')and cause guys to forget gear drive setups.
a chain serves the purpose of actually absorbing some of the vibration from the camshaft which if you have ever seen a camshaft you may have noticed the thing has bumps all over it. you know, little lumpy things that drive metal sticks called pushrods, and those metal stick work little teeter totter things called rocker arms, which work little mushroom lookin' gizmos called valves, which slam shut a bunch of times a second and all this causes vibration which gets absorbed by the timing chain. gear to gear setups transmit that vibration to the crankshaft..after it rattles the main bearings some.
oh, by the way, the guys at crane cams, and a long time engine builder here locally happen to agree with me, so i don't need an argument about how well your moms chevette scooter runs so well with a gear setup. ok?

ICE CREAM BREAK!!!! (memo to me: pop the top on the chocolate syrup next time you microwave the stuff to get it hot enough to pour easily. also, think of some way to blame the mess on the dog).

Last edited by koolkar; 09/26/2013 12:52 AM.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I couldn't have said it better, Koolkar smile ....and sorry I missed K.C. this year. See ya in 2014


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
Originally Posted by Achipmunk
I couldn't have said it better, Koolkar smile ....and sorry I missed K.C. this year. See ya in 2014

oh yeah? well i intend to hold you to that! don't make me show up at yer private castle in an old truck!

take care.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
.....Come on down. Hey, I might even let you drive one of my old trucks. That way you'd be a koolkar in a cooltruck. LOL I'll et you drive it to the hot dog joint!! ...or Chick-Fil-A 8:30 any day except Sunday!!! See ya in Sept.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
Originally Posted by Achipmunk
.....Come on down. Hey, I might even let you drive one of my old trucks. That way you'd be a koolkar in a cooltruck. LOL I'll et you drive it to the hot dog joint!! ...or Chick-Fil-A 8:30 any day except Sunday!!! See ya in Sept.

chic fill a????? WHAT? chic fill a?

THAT'S FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE TO SIT DOWN TO PEE!!!

hot dogs? HELL YEAH! that's 'merican food! soz ribs! gimme somma that cholesterol! some nitrates to make be big and strong! RED BY GOD MEAT!!

i ain't some flower munchin', powder my backsides, poofie boy. i fart in public proudly and give the blast a score like an olympic event and wipe my nose on my sleeve! i rev up my engine in a school zone, pee in parking lots, and strive to be the guy everyone's mom warned them about.

HOT DOGS! OR RIBS, OR ANYTHING THAT LITERALLLY DRIPS GOBS OF MELTED AMERICAN CHEESE!

hell yeah i'll stop by and drive yer trucks! and for the next 6 months yer neighbors will STILL have something to talk about! oh yeah. always remember, indecent exposure is in the eye of the beholder.

so....... see ya next year, or, see ya on the 11 o'clock news! your choice! drive

Last edited by koolkar; 09/27/2013 4:48 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0