The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
10 members (Phak1, klhansen, 3800GUY, Still At It, Gdads51, Bill Hanlon, 53&Me, 3 invisible), 90 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,137
Posts1,056,437
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 19
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 19
Does anybody know where I could get some tech information on a Schwartz pto driven hydraulic hoist. I have one under my one ton. I specifically need to know what kind of oil to use in it. It was low, so I put modern hydraulic fluid in it, but now it works even less good, so assume I have the wrong oil in it. I plan to drain it all, and don't want to play the "hit and miss" game with replacement oil.

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
Schwartz hydraulics are still being built and they still use the same hydraulic oil as 50 years ago. Your pump may just be worn out or the bypass valve may be weak.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
FWIW I am pretty sure that Schwartz is no longer in business. Their product was primarily sold to the farm market and implement dealers. I haven't been able to find a listing for them and haven't seen one for many years. Someone may have purchased it and producing it under a new name.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
Schwartz has been through several buyouts, but it still uses the same basic design. http://parkhurstmfg.com/

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Parkhurst... well then I am right. Parkhurst is 98% a thing of the past. Rob died a few months ago and the last time I was there there was only an empty building at the old plant, doors wide open and birds taking over. I didn't go top plant 2.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
Schwartz and later Parkhurst was very popular in Texas for many years. However bob tail field trucks are a dying thing. Combines are big enough to load semis these days. And there is very little grain in Texas any more. Its all cotton.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Yes, some combines have 600+ bu. hoppers. Everyone has gone to semi's and getting hard to find a quality grain body builder or any consequence.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0