The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (1955 1 Series, TUTS 59, Gdads51, TooMany2count, 2 invisible), 74 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,348
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#894887 11/06/2012 12:12 PM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 237
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 237
good morning to all
just bought me another 1938 1/2 ton from lousiana. the pics were a little different as the owner took the whole front end off here are some before pics..

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x315/oldmemoriescc/PopsPictures085.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x315/oldmemoriescc/PopsPictures080.jpg

here are some when i got her home

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x315/oldmemoriescc/1027020929.jpg

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x315/oldmemoriescc/1028021718.jpg


1937 Chevrolet Carryall http://www.oldmemoriescc.com/images/blvdbombs/images/IMG_6465_JPG.jpg
1937 1/2 ton (sold)
1938 1/2 ton (sold)
1939 1/2 ton (sold)
Phil 4:4
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
Welcome !
We seem to be getting an influx of Pre-War Art Deco's joining the board these days which is great. What are your plans for her ?


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 237
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 237
bringing her back to life..OG...NOS


1937 Chevrolet Carryall http://www.oldmemoriescc.com/images/blvdbombs/images/IMG_6465_JPG.jpg
1937 1/2 ton (sold)
1938 1/2 ton (sold)
1939 1/2 ton (sold)
Phil 4:4
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Oldmemories, welcome aboard the best dang truck site on the web. Lots of knowledge and great folks here.
From where I'm sitting that ole gal is in pretty decent shape compared to some I've seen an worked on. Congrats on a great find.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
Welcome, and Very Nice project!!! Look forward to seeing some progress photos in the future.


1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC"
A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark!
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 237
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 237
thanks to all. there is a great wealth of knowledge in this site and i love it. thanks for the pics, for the columns etc. this sat my son and i will start cleaning the frame and putting some rustoleum on it

QUESTION: what is the correct color for the motor? i have seen grey and some blue?


1937 Chevrolet Carryall http://www.oldmemoriescc.com/images/blvdbombs/images/IMG_6465_JPG.jpg
1937 1/2 ton (sold)
1938 1/2 ton (sold)
1939 1/2 ton (sold)
Phil 4:4
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,712
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,712
Welcome from one '38 owner to another '38 owner.
That grill looks perfect. I'm jealous!

I can't help with motor color since mine has been changed. Put a post in the engine and paint/body section.


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 237
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 237
thanks wayne good ideal


1937 Chevrolet Carryall http://www.oldmemoriescc.com/images/blvdbombs/images/IMG_6465_JPG.jpg
1937 1/2 ton (sold)
1938 1/2 ton (sold)
1939 1/2 ton (sold)
Phil 4:4

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0