The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (tclederman, DadsFirstPickup, 59 fleet, IHPWR, Ponchogl), 102 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3
I'm wondering what other truck seats will fit in my truck? I would like to find a leather bench seat out of a salvage yard but I don't know what will fit. Any help will be appreciated.

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
1988 - 1998 Chevrolet C/K (or GMC)seats fits quite well, that is what my truck had in it when I first bought it. Other than drilling four holes it's pretty much as easy as it gets.

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/...rchased%20Aug%202008/65ShortStepSeat.jpg

The problem with using car seats is you will have to fabricate mounts to raise the seats up into a proper seating position. Additionally most automotive seats have headrests which, while functional and "safer", look hideous as viewed from the rear window.


Hope that helps.


In the Stovebolt Gallery ~~ "The Orange Crate" 1965 C10 SWB Step Side Build Thread

Inspired to be different. Different in a way of my own, not in a way that others strive.
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 13
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 13
the chevytalk.com forum has a good discussion of seats pinned...

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
I bolted a 1967 C30 bench seat into my 65 C10 without any problems, but have since found a nicer 1966 C10 seat. I'd say that probably all the Chevy truck seats up through 1972 will fit, but take a look at the Chevytalk.com forum as suggested, rather than my 2 cents.

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3
Thanks alot!

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 27
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 27
I just took the stock bench out of my 65 and installed two buckets from a 2001 silverado...they fit like a charm, plus I like the added safety from a three point seat belt.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
...right on, and I just put 2003 silverado buckets in my panel. Nice seat belts, arm rest and electric driver seat.
I'll bet "Dixie" likes them to.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0