The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (rfs56trk, 50Chevy3100, 3800GUY, cmayna, Donf, Barry Martak, Peggy M, Lightholder's Dad, 1 invisible), 117 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,092
Posts1,056,461
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 11
P
New Guy
New Guy
P Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 11
want to keep truck orginal but make the steering easier for my father , have heard the toyota power boxes work any body done these ???

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I've heard the toyota will work good...... I used a reman saginaw power steering box on my 52 panel that I bought over the counter at Advance Auto. You can see some pics in my photobucket.
.....and there are a couple nice write ups on how to do it on a couple of the vendors sites.

http://www.classicperform.com/tech_articles/Power-Steering-Trucks/Power-Steering-Trucks.htm

http://www.classictruckshop.com/t1.php

I got my "kit" from Classic Parts



1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
My wife, 4'9" & 82#s, loves her 54 with the Toyota p/s and it was a snap to install. Hardest part was modifying the factory steering tube but an IDIDIT or Flaming river column would take care of this.


Evan
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 45
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 45
What year and model Toyota?


Click the link to see my truck.

http://smu.gs/OuBwfv
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
Early to mid 80's 4wd pickups and whatever they called their 4wd SUV types. Our host probably offers a complete kit and if not Classic Parts and CPP offer them. I'd choose CPP last.


Evan
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,254
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,254
Originally Posted by coilover
I'd choose CPP last.

Bad experience??

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
Sent wrong part and were [censored]es about making it right. Insinuated I didn't know what I was talking about, then wanted picture of wrong part, then a picture of the box it was shipped in and which it HAD to be returned in. Had already faxed an order# and shipping info. Topped it all off by threatening to charge my card for the correct part if the incorrect one wasn't returned within five days after they had tied space up in my shop for two weeks. Does this qualify as Bad?


Evan
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,254
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,254
I'd say it does.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 82
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 82
hey coilover - how about some pictures & details of what parts you used.
Thanks.


1949 chev 3100 3 window. 350hp/327/m21 4 spd, 12 bolt rear, power brakes, 3" dropped axle from Sid's. Disc brakes next.

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0