| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Peggy M, tclederman),
100
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,117 Posts1,056,643 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 10 | I want to get brand new rims for my 59 Apache (15" 6 lug) but I want to be able to install the original style repro hub caps that require the clips. Are there any new rims out there that can have the clips added? What are my options?
Glen Stringfield
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | | | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 | If you want narrow, stock type wheels, check Jim Carter and Chevs of the 40s. Wheel Vintiques makes some that are wider, and I think they use stock caps (need to call them.) Summit racing carries some of their wheels. Coker tire has some in their catalog also. As Woogeroo said (or implied,) original wheels are your best bet..sandblasting and powder coating, just like new! Best of luck!
1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC" A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark! | | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 10 | Thanks 40casey, I checked with Jim Carter, they have similar rim without the clips part# MST150. It looks like you would be able to drill the holes and add the clips but the woman I talked to on the phone had no clue as to what I wanted to accomplish so it looks like I'll be using the stock rims with the rivets.
Glen Stringfield
| | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | I talked to Jim Carter about them right after he started carrying them. He said the stock hubcaps won't fit but he has some plain ones that will.
That was a few years ago so things may have changed. | | |
| |
| |