The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (klhansen, 1 invisible), 107 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,648
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 10
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 10
I want to get brand new rims for my 59 Apache (15" 6 lug) but I want to be able to install the original style repro hub caps that require the clips. Are there any new rims out there that can have the clips added? What are my options?


Glen Stringfield
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
If you want narrow, stock type wheels, check Jim Carter and Chevs of the 40s. Wheel Vintiques makes some that are wider, and I think they use stock caps (need to call them.) Summit racing carries some of their wheels. Coker tire has some in their catalog also. As Woogeroo said (or implied,) original wheels are your best bet..sandblasting and powder coating, just like new! Best of luck!


1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC"
A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark!
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 10
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 10
Thanks 40casey,
I checked with Jim Carter, they have similar rim without the clips part# MST150. It looks like you would be able to drill the holes and add the clips but the woman I talked to on the phone had no clue as to what I wanted to accomplish so it looks like I'll be using the stock rims with the rivets.


Glen Stringfield
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I talked to Jim Carter about them right after he started carrying them. He said the stock hubcaps won't fit but he has some plain ones that will.

That was a few years ago so things may have changed.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0