| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,122 Posts1,056,332 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2012 Posts: 21 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2012 Posts: 21 | I have a 1959 GMC 2 ton and was curious if the 5 speed trans in it would be the same used in a chevrolet of the same year? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 | Check for tags on the tranmission. I think GMC used several different tranmissions from Clark w/OD and straight drive and New Process if I'm thinking correctly.
So, it may or may not be.
Jeff | | | | | Joined: Jul 2012 Posts: 21 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2012 Posts: 21 | It is a NP540 DD..........will a chevy V8 bellhousing work on this......if so witch one? | | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,961 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,961 | Chevy and GMC used the same New Process 540 but I'm not sure which bell housing a Chev used. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 79 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 79 | I really depends on the application, they had a couple different size input shafts available, but the transmission bolt pattern was the same regardless which truck used them. Most of the ones that I have seen were the larger 1 1/2 inch dia shafts and will only work with the medium to heavy truck bell housings with the 13 inch clutch. | | |
| |
| |