| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (55shaker, 1955 1 Series, BC59, 3800GUY, RaNfLaS, tclederman, Otto Skorzeny, wilbur53, FAST55),
156
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,104 Posts1,056,201 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 44 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 44 |
Last edited by Grandads_66; 07/04/2012 1:32 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 | That's some quick repair work. My hood is in better than average condition for a 65. However, I want to remove the front piece to get to a dent and to also get some POR15 into the hidden areas. I'll sleep better knowing that I won't have to deal with rust coming through from the other side. I might ask you for more details later.
Nice work! Keep at it! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 44 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 44 | Removal of the front panel was surprisingly simple but very labor intensive. You have to drill a lot of spot welds. I should have taken more pictures during the process to help others. I am going to do a similar process on the rear of the hood and I should end up with a fairly solid hood. | | |
| |
| |