The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Uncles51, fonz8261, oldsteve, Ponchogl), 214 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,170
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#863847 07/02/2012 11:54 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 44
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 44
The hood on my truck has some severe rust in the usual spots. Last year I purchased a parts truck and the hood on it is nominal too. I have decided to try and make 1 good hood out of the two. I drilled spot welds today on the donor hood and hope to prep and weld my original hood tomorrow. Any body have any opinions on patch panels from LMC truck? I will be needing patch panels for my doors and cab, any feed back about quality vendors would be appreciated.


http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z342/BigRicks66/IMG_0306.jpg
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z342/BigRicks66/IMG_0304.jpg
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z342/BigRicks66/IMG_0308.jpg

Last edited by Grandads_66; 07/02/2012 11:56 PM.

Richard Morgan

1966 Chevy C10 LWB Stepside
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 44
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 44
Had a fairly productive day on the hood. I still have some repairs to do at the rear of the hood but it looks so much better with the front panel replaced.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z342/BigRicks66/IMG_0315.jpg

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z342/BigRicks66/IMG_0313.jpg

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z342/BigRicks66/IMG_0316.jpg

Last edited by Grandads_66; 07/04/2012 1:32 AM.

Richard Morgan

1966 Chevy C10 LWB Stepside
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
That's some quick repair work. My hood is in better than average condition for a 65. However, I want to remove the front piece to get to a dent and to also get some POR15 into the hidden areas. I'll sleep better knowing that I won't have to deal with rust coming through from the other side. I might ask you for more details later.

Nice work! Keep at it!

Lugnutz #867924 07/19/2012 6:26 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 44
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 44
Removal of the front panel was surprisingly simple but very labor intensive. You have to drill a lot of spot welds. I should have taken more pictures during the process to help others. I am going to do a similar process on the rear of the hood and I should end up with a fairly solid hood.


Richard Morgan

1966 Chevy C10 LWB Stepside
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0