| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,269 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2012 Posts: 37 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2012 Posts: 37 | I was wondering what modifications had to happen to put a 305 engine in a 1949 Chevy 3100 | | | | | Joined: Mar 2012 Posts: 37 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2012 Posts: 37 | | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | All the small block chevy's will have basically the same situations. In reality its not that big of a deal. I opted for the motor mounts that fit in the chassis rail. Then a cross member for the back of the tranny.....but I don't mean to "make light" of the conversion but its not that bad. My 305 fits nicely in my 52 panel and I did not have to alter the firewall. Some of what you need to do depends on what kind of front end set up you chose to go with. LOTS of us guys have done this modification so there is plenty of help around. Feel free to browse my photobucket and you may something that will help. | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | Probably the biggest issue will be the steering gear, as it will interfere with the left side exhaust manifold. Some guys moove the box over, some offset the engine. I have heard the the '55-'59 box bolts up in the stock location and clears, but I can't confirm that.
Bill Burmeister | | |
| |
| |