The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, klhansen, Shaffer's1950, Steelonsteel), 101 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,618
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#863894 07/03/2012 2:57 AM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5
Hi everyone! I'm excited I found stovebolt. I have limited experience and I hope to gain a lot of insight from everyone here.

Just started working on the rebuild of my Grandfather's 1952 GMC Truck. I am also journalling my adventure at www.facebook.com/1952GMCTruck

Take a look and let me know what you think. I've already hit a few hiccups when replacing the fuel system.


- Jeff

1952 GMC Pickup
www.facebook.com/1952GMCTruck
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Hi Jeff, welcome. It's always cool when the truck has some family history. These trucks are not really too complicated. Let us know if you need help.

Leo

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Jeff welcome from Scotland,like Leo mentions it's great when your truck has sentimental value,it's part of your family.
Also,by joining this forum you've also got a new larger 'family',all 30,853 of us!

I had a quick look at your facebook,BTW the mystery part you found,if you haven't already discovered is the radio delete plate from your dashboard.
They're actually quite a sought after part.

Good luck,and if there's anything you need just check in and the guys will help.

Last edited by jockbolter50; 07/03/2012 8:19 AM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome, and I see you have already witnessed what a few minutes a day can do. Keep up the good work and you'll be riding soon.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
Welcome aboard! Yep, that's Navy talk. It kinda sums it up here on Stovebolt. You will find 30,000 and some bolters ready to help you. They've helped me so much and I know a pretty good bit of mechanics. They help, over and over. A great group of "friends." I wish you well on your project. Glad to have you. Oh, by the way I am a United States Navy Veteran (Viet-nam) Seems like a long time ago. Let me know if I may help some way. Steven


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton ~ Red Truck

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 8
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 8
Hello Jeff, I to are restoring a 1952 GMC 9300 and also have the Plane or Bird on the hood as well. Looks like your off to a good start as seen on facebook. The ppl on here are great and have helped me along the way if the answers that weren't already in a forum. There's lots of reading in here so make yourself comfortable. If you run across any problems or just questions ask away.

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Big welcome from Tx, glad to have you aboard, you will enjoy the ride for sure


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0