Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
151
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,289 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 13 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 13 | Well, I caught my wife in a weak moment, and she let me look at this old truck on Craigslist. One visit in person was all it took to convince me (and her)! I'm now the proud owner of a '50 Chev 3100. It's currently at Austin Speed Shop having some suspension and brake work done, but I hope to have it in my garage soon! I'm in awe of you guys who can take a basket of parts and turn it into a beautiful machine! I'm not a mechanic, but I love tinkering. And it keeps me out of the house, which tickles my wife! Ed's 1950 AD
Ed Burgess "It's all good!"
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | welcome but you link is not available Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 13 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 13 | Redryder, that is a nice ride! The link I posted is from my Facebook page. I'm going to get a Photobucket acct, and then it should be easier to post.
Ed Burgess "It's all good!"
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | ok, I dont do face book...............sold Redryder five yrs ago to buy my hot rod..........good truck, had it for about 10 yrs,should have kept it..........we all know that deal, huh
been to the lone star round up a few times in Austin.. lot of nice rides there
Last edited by joker; 06/20/2012 7:13 PM.
Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 13 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 13 | Okay, finally figured out Photobucket. Here's my ride: Ed's Truck
Ed Burgess "It's all good!"
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,707 back yard wrench turner | | back yard wrench turner Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,707 | Good looking truck.
Did you run into Jesse James? Wayne1938 1-Ton Farm TruckStovebolt Gallery Forums1989 Silverado 1996 Mustang GT convertible When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Welcome Ed, nice looking truck. It makes sense to get a truck that is ready to roll, I did a complete frame off reconstruction that took 5 years, won't do that again. Good that the wife likes it, bonus.
Leo | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Ooooo, nice looking truck. I agree with Leo, and at our age I feel justified if I go buy one  Keep us posted and thanks for the pic. | | | | | Joined: May 2012 Posts: 574 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2012 Posts: 574 | welcome from here in oklahoma! you'll be able to find lots of nuts and bolts of info here on the 'bolt to help you understand that beautiful truck of yours....because each truck has a different personality and attitude, just like there owners  again welcome, Indy P.S. I love the color... one of my faves 
1949 Dodge Coronet 1955 2nd Chevy 4400 1.5 ton 1955 2nd Chevy 3100 1/2 ton 1955 2nd Chevy 3100 1/2 ton 1957 Chevy 5400 LCF 2 ton 1966 Dodge D100 Sweptline 1968 Chevy P20 stepvan 1969 GMC LWB pickup 1972 GMC Sprint 1974 CP30 shorty bus There are three things that I've learned never discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.----Linus Van Pelt Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color 9 | | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 13 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 13 | Thanks for the welcome! I haven't seen Jesse James yet, but I did talk to his shop manager, Rocco. That is one big, tattooed dude! And a nice guy too. You know, Achipmunk's comment about "at my age" resounds with me. I've worked my butt off 40+ years now, and it's time I had a play toy. Plus it's less hazardous to my health than, say, a young cheerleader... 
Ed Burgess "It's all good!"
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | Hi Ed welcome from a fellow '50 owner. That's a nice looking truck you've found yourself,by your own admission you're not a mechanic,but it's good to see you've got your priorities right,like getting the brakes done by the pros.
No point in having such a great looking truck if it doesn't stop! Good luck. Jock. 1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 17 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 17 | Welcome. I have a 50 GMC, same color and it's in the same city. Maybe we can meet at the traffic light (once I finish up a few details for the inspection sticker). | | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 13 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 13 | Very neat! Mine is still at Austin Speed Shop, finishing suspension and brake work. Hope to get it next week.
Ed Burgess "It's all good!"
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 5 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 5 | Hi. I'm new to stovebolt and from the same city. Just started my rebuild. I am journalling it at www.facebook.com/1952GMCTruckCheck it out and let me know what you think. I'm also looking for a good truck club in town, let me know if you have any ideas. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 13 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 13 | Welcome to the forum, mjrosas1! This looks like a great place to hang out.
Ed Burgess "It's all good!"
| | |
| |