| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,205 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 166 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 166 | I have my 454 in my shop. I,m trying to get a new fuel pump on the engine. The rebuilder screwed a long bolt underneath the opening and going upwards into the engine. No clue why. How do install this thing ? If I remove that,..then I have a hole open in the block after the fuel pump is installed. Thanx for any help. Cheers ! | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy IsolationRide, if I remember correctly there is a 1/4" pipe thread hole below the fuel pump mount | | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,799 Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) | | Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,799 | That hole is to allow the fuel pump pushrod to be installed prior to installing the pump. Once the pump is in place, put a pipe plug in the hole with a little brush-on gasket sealer, and gently snug it into place. I believe it's a 3/8" pipe plug. Don't overdo tightening it, it's a tapered thread. Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 166 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 166 | Yes there is. I can,t get the arm into the whole with that there. If I remove it,...then I,m left with a hole after its installed. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 166 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 166 | That hole is to allow the fuel pump pushrod to be installed prior to installing the pump.
I have no clue where that is. I was given a box with all the parts. S$%tballz :P | | |
| |
| |