| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
182
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,228 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2012 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2012 Posts: 6 | Wats up everyone. I recently picked up a 61 Apache in Witchita Kansas I'm new to Chevys but expert on type 1 vws ive restore a hand full n cruized them all on the central coast of California witch is my home but currently in witchita kansas so anyhow this Apache runs but has a poor suspension sitting on cut springs in rear n cut torsion bars or leafs watever I don't no wat els to look for I think it has
6 lug 2dr Stepside 2 pots of rust 2 front bottom rear fenders No radio 6inline 3 speed on column Runs excellent fires up I feel clutch might need adj or new one I have to smash it down n still it engages on it own a lil Any pointers I'm starting with suspension n disk brakes r a must I have drum ... I need to no wat parts or years will fit my Apache for suspention or chassis parts
Last edited by Peggy M; 06/29/2023 8:11 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 | Used to drive a 61 Apache to School back in the Mid 70s ..... they are good Bolts!  | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | Welcome from Scotland. Sounds like you'll fit right in,there's more than a few VW fans here too! Just ask your questions in the appropriate sub-forums and you'll get all the info you require. Good luck. 1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 843 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 843 | Welcome from Australia you will get all the help you need here great people
57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
| | |
| |
| |