The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Cletus1950, Otto Skorzeny, dt235sd, Brian Moore, jeffreyguy), 151 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 6
6
New Guy
New Guy
6 Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 6
Wats up everyone. I recently picked up a 61 Apache in Witchita Kansas I'm new to Chevys but expert on type 1 vws ive restore a hand full n cruized them all on the central coast of California witch is my home but currently in witchita kansas so anyhow this Apache runs but has a poor suspension sitting on cut springs in rear n cut torsion bars or leafs watever I don't no wat els to look for I think it has

6 lug
2dr
Stepside
2 pots of rust 2 front bottom rear fenders
No radio
6inline 3 speed on column
Runs excellent fires up I feel clutch might need adj or new one I have to smash it down n still it engages on it own a lil
Any pointers I'm starting with suspension n disk brakes r a must I have drum ...
I need to no wat parts or years will fit my Apache for suspention or chassis parts

Last edited by Peggy M; 06/29/2023 8:11 PM.
61pache #850181 05/09/2012 9:32 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
welcome.

Leo #851603 05/15/2012 4:21 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
Used to drive a 61 Apache to School back in the Mid 70s ..... they are good Bolts! thumbs_up


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
Cliff59 #852308 05/18/2012 5:19 AM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 290
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 290
Welcome to Stovebolt!!


"IT IS WHAT IT IS"
1953 Chevrolet 1/2-ton 3100 4x4
In the Gallery
In the DITY Gallery
More images in Flickr
1948 GMC 1-Ton (now sold to someone in Hawaii!)
In the Gallery
More photo in Flickr
1953 Chevy 1-Ton
Slick69 #852422 05/18/2012 10:13 PM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Welcome from Scotland.
Sounds like you'll fit right in,there's more than a few VW fans here too!
Just ask your questions in the appropriate sub-forums and you'll get all the info you require.
Good luck.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
Welcome from Australia you will get all the help you need here great people


57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0