The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Nick in Manitou, Oswald, MRMEROTH11, 1 invisible), 137 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,124
Posts1,056,334
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#846785 04/26/2012 1:29 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
From the desk of your ODSS president...

The time is NOW to commit to the upcoming Diesel Confab to be held in Rockbridge Baths, Virginia July 6-8.

Had a good conversation with Grigg and he has us pencilled in for the following activities:

-Truck and trailor/RV Parking and Road Safety

-Meals preparation. I believe GII (Grigg's Dad, of course) will head up this operation and could use extensive help in prep and distribution.

At your earliest possible ability to commit please respond to Grigg via email (preferred) so that he can best formulate a head count for help and meal planning.

Many hands make light work

Thanks,

Cosmo.


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Again,
Here's the official flier
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2996419210080251109jRWzQy

And here's my email address for all things Confab related, like your RSVP.
DieselConfab@Gmail.com

Looking forward to the show and thanks in advance for all the help, it'll be a great weekend,

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Ya know ... 8V-53's in lawn mowers ... yawn.

I wanna see Grigg put this baby in Handsome ...

smile

Man, found another ... This is Grigg in 25 years ...

JM

Last edited by John Milliman; 04/28/2012 1:44 PM.

~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Grigg, Do you have a nice relatively flat spot picked out for the Stovebolt Command Vehicle? I think John and I, your professional traffic and parking control and food dispencing experts, are thinking about coming down on Thursday afternoon/evening. Actually, we haven't discussed a departure day or time yet, but I think there will be lots to do so early is better.
What do you think John?
How about the rest of the ODSS? Who else is going? We need to give Brother Grigg a lot of support for this huge event.


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
Brothers,

I am submitting my applications to the traffic safety and food prep/dispensing group. I hope there is still work for me, even part-time.

I'll be looking to be there Thursday afternoon/evening myself.

Regards,

Brother Cosmo


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Peg here ... John can't go.

ONLY KIDDING! grin

He'll chime in here after a while. We are hours away from Mom's departure. Packing up her vehicle now. 6 a.m. they will head back to Maine.

So ... John's response is only delayed.

Peg


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Originally Posted by Bill Marlow
Grigg, Do you have a nice relatively flat spot picked out for the Stovebolt Command Vehicle? ...
I do, we'll probably line all the campers up in the driveway perpendicular to the house and spaced as tight as we can comfortably get them. The far end of the driveway is close to level, gets worse closer to the garage.

I get Wednesday off work and will take Thursday and Friday off as well. The Advance Prep Team is welcome and encouraged to show up whenever you like.

Thanks,
Grigg



•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Grigg,

How many attendees are you expecting? Any guess as to how many RVs will show up? Trucks? Trucks with trailers?

Just trying to get started on the planning estimate smile

John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
The past two years (in Canada and Ohio) have had about 20 couple trucks, about 100 folks, and a hand full of RV's.

This year I'm still waiting on RSVP's and probably will be until a week or so before. Even with that info the number of local spectators for the day is unknown. Think I've done a pretty good job putting the word out this year not only to the regular attendees but the online diesel conversion community and local folks too. I expect a better turnout than in the past, how much better we'll know on July 8th.

Meals we need to handle are:
Friday supper through Sunday breakfast with exception of Saturday lunch provided by a local (and exceptionally tasty) BBQ place http://beameupbbq.com/ Scottie will bring a trailer and sell sandwiches and chips, that takes us off the hook for lunch.

Tentative meal ideas
Friday supper: grilled burgers and wieners
Saturday breakfast: bacon eggs sausage, hot cakes, grits... normal breakfast fixings
Saturday supper: ?
Sunday breakfast: huevos rancheros; Dad's breakfast specialty

Equipment for meal prep (probably in my garage) a 6' wide commercial gas stove with 6 burners, 2 ovens, and a 2' square griddle. Three burner gas grill, a fridge/freezer, and in the shop a large double sink.

Just got the OK to use the field across the road for parking, wide gate right at the corner and pretty level, will handle RV's too if needed.

So far everything is coming together nicely!

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Originally Posted by John Milliman
Grigg,

How many attendees are you expecting? Any guess as to how many RVs will show up? Trucks? Trucks with trailers?

Just trying to get started on the planning estimate smile

John

John, I know what you were thinking........
CAMPER DON!!!


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
Billy and all y'all, do you mean...


CAMPER DON Don (honorific), a Spanish, Portuguese,Italian, and Filipino title, given as a mark of respect

or...

CAMPER DON Don, a crime boss

Billy, please clarify.



with greatest respect,

el presidente,

Cosmo



~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Sorry about that El Pres.
I guess that is a little inside humor between my traffic and parking control sensei and I.
When we stood on the gate at the '06 convention in B-more, we had the pleasure or working with a guy named Don whos job it was to park the campers. I guess you can see where I am going. We all had those cheapy little radios and when a RV came in we would hollar to CAMPER DON.


I talked to Grigg this evening and he spoke to John last night. Sounds like all the gears are moving forward in preparation for the big event.
I am already looking forward to my first Diesel Confab.


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
CAMPER DON!!!! CLASS A IN BOUND, LANE 2!!

We could use a man like him ...

Cheapie radios???!!!!!???? :mad:


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
We were using those little cheapies in B-more. I wasn't talking about the FF radios, sheeeez.


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Okay okay. I think I need a beer...


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 242
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 242
Rush Chair;
Is this what you and Billy had in mind for those assigned to traffic control, ready access to liquid refreshment.

http://www.ridingcoolers.com/home.htm

John G


1942 G5106 1.5-ton Chevy cargo dump Gallery page




Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
T/Sgt. Gott (28 years of service with the USPP)
1940 Chevy G506 4112 cargo dump
1942 Diamond T G509 969A 4 ton wrecker
1942 Ward LaFrance G116 series 2 10 ton wrecker
1944 Ward LaFrance G116 series 5 10 ton wrecker
1931 Ford AA with a WEAVER crane
1944 Sterling HC 165 tractor
1944 Autocar U7144T w/ 10 ton trailer
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Originally Posted by John Milliman
Okay okay. I think I need a beer...

at 11:30 on a Monday morning!!!!....darn.....

pour me one too.

JG, the off road one would probably work just fine. It will be hot so we will have to stay hydrated!


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
OK, back to business.
The show is coming up in one Month from right now.
I've made a lot of progress straightening up stuff around the place and some inside too.

A few things left to do like run power for RV's
Make 55 gallon drums into trash cans
Round up chairs, tent, and tables
Figure out and order food fixins.
Go back over the list John helped me with and realize how much more there is still to do

Grigg



•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Grigg, good job on the progress. Keeps us posted on stuff that you might need between now and then and maybe we can help out.
As of right now, John and I plan to be there mid day on Thursday. As we get a little closer and you have lots to do, maybe we can adjust the arrival time.

Last edited by Bill Marlow; 06/19/2012 10:23 AM.

~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
So who else will attend the ConFab from the ODSS? So far it looks like, Cosmo, John M, me, Sweet and I think Grigg may be there.
Mike B you coming?
Who else?


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
I can't, camping for the 4th of July at Greys Point for family vacation June 29th thru July 8th.


Mike
1952 Chevrolet 2-Ton 6400
"Dempsey"
In the Gallery
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Billy,

I may come if I'm still unemployed, had a good interview last week, we'll see what happens.

If I do go is there floor space for a bed roll in the coach or is the inn full?

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,078
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,078
Grigg,

I finally finished the index page to showcase the conference. Let me know if there is anything to change.

Peg


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Thanks Peggy that looks great!

Hambone and The Ned are also coming.
A brand new Stovebolter with AD 1/2 ton here in town is looking forward to meeting you guys.
Haven't gotten an RSVP from Sweet, is he coming for sure and when?

What about George, haven't heard from him either.

Who else is coming?

With Cosmo's help we made some more progress yesterday getting things staged and ready. Brought over some counters/cabinents for serving, a fridge, and a big tent. Also got rid of some stuff too, starting to look pretty good around here.

And yesterday evening Accacia and I took the 48 out for a spin over to the fire Dept and back and then up to Rt-11 and back. Don't think it's been started much less out of the garage in over a year, the weekend it came home form South Bend. Took me a little to get the hang of shifting again, and Accacia had a great time.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,078
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,078
Grigg,

We had a full weekend here. 11 people here on Saturday (half expected; half just popped in). 8 people on Sunday (all expected). Dave Betker was here for most of the day and got a good sampling of help around the "farm." He was a big help in getting quite a bit done.

Not sure about the other ODSS fellows. I'm sure you'll hear from them as the week moves on. For some reason, things happen in bursts this time of year. Kinda like those thunderstorms we have grin

Peg


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
Brother Grigg

I have respectfully submitted my RSVP for the Confab. See you next Friday!


SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 456
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 456
I hope to be there if things work out. I have to go to the V.A. hospital in Roanoke on the 5th for an appointment that may have follow-ups. I also might have to go to the west coast for a meeting.

George

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Mike, I don't know aboutfull but it may be a little cozy. John and Sweet will be your roomies.
Come on down!
George, hope you can make it. It would be great to see you again.


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 863
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 863
Originally Posted by Peggy M
Grigg,

We had a full weekend here. 11 people here on Saturday (half expected; half just popped in). 8 people on Sunday (all expected). Dave Betker was here for most of the day and got a good sampling of help around the "farm." He was a big help in getting quite a bit done.

Not sure about the other ODSS fellows. I'm sure you'll hear from them as the week moves on. For some reason, things happen in bursts this time of year. Kinda like those thunderstorms we have grin

Peg

Well somebody has to do the work around the place, it better be me.... grin


My GMC has a bad case of ship fitters disease!
GMC: Get More Cash...
1958 GMC
1956 Chevy 1500 Hydraulic Dump Truck
1952 Chevy 1700 3-Ton Firetruck

My Webshots photos
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Grigg,

Looks like I'm out...I was just reminded I have a family outing on Saturday that I can't get out of. dang

Have fun and take pictures to share.

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Will do, As I get pictures uploaded you can find them here.
http://rides.webshots.com/album/582194500ZUSoNW

Cosmo, Accacia, and I are going clubbing his evening in preparation for the show, Sam's clubbing...

Time is getting short!

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 320
T
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 320
Does the ODSS plan on convoying to the confab?


1951 Chevy 1-Ton Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Pictures of the restoration on Photobucket
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
RIP good friend.
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Good morning Ned -- Hope you survived the big blow!

I think we're mostly coming from different parts of the map. Depending on what Sweet's plans are, I might pick him up on my way. Other than that, I don't think any of our paths converge until we get on I-81.

I think most of us (well, Billy, Hambone and I) are leaving Thursday Morning for a Thursday Noon arrival. I'm taking 301 south to Fredericksburg and then finding my way across from there (Sweet has a good route we usually take). You're more than welcome to convoy with us if you like. Or if you want to go around the topside, Billy usually takes the I-70 to I-81 route.


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 320
T
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 320
Unfortunately I won't be able to leave Thurs., So I'll see you there.


1951 Chevy 1-Ton Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Pictures of the restoration on Photobucket
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
RIP good friend.
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
Thanks for the offer to drive John, but I am planning to head over Friday morning.


SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Anyone have a decent sized generator?
We've been out of power from Friday night at 9:00 and it might be a while before we get it back.
We'll have a confab for sure but being able to run the well pump will make it go a lot smoother.
Lets just hope we get power in the next couple days.

Took the fridge full of food in to work where they do have power so no worrys about that for now.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Scratch that.
We have power!!!

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Heeeey, nice sofa off to the side, there wink


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0